Sign in to follow this  
Rickyh24

Freeport question

I haven’t been able to log in to Freeport or any other area other than the one I started in.  My question for the people that have is this...

is the the whole point of Freeport leaving there to sail to these lawless areas I am stuck in now? 

39 minutes ago, Gurglin' William Jones said:

The servers for the game are BROKEN with all capitals they are gonna try to optimise this very soon I also have the same problem but they are working on it

I understand the problem. I’m more or less interested in the question I asked. Are all the people who are actually able to get in Freeport just trying to sail out to where we are in these lawless areas? 

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

I understand the problem. I’m more or less interested in the question I asked. Are all the people who are actually able to get in Freeport just trying to sail out to where we are in these lawless areas? 

Sort of,  yes. The free ports are starter zones where you can't really build and you can't PVP. Part of the goal of the starter zone is to get you your raft and some basic experience before you are thrown off into the wider world.

My goal was to get out of the free port as fast as possible last night (I did not make it) in order to get to a less populated/"higher level" zone.

1 minute ago, Rickyh24 said:

Yes pretty much. The Freeports are just the starting area which is level capped. People won't stay in Freeport areas for long, then they'll make rafts and head off to other areas, which would include lawless.

2 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Yes. I'm in a freeport with insane rubberbanding making moving a few feet a frustrating adventure. Anyone with a brain is trying to get a raft built and equipped and leave.

Just now, NoSkill said:

Sort of,  yes. The free ports are starter zones where you can't really build and you can't PVP. Part of the goal of the starter zone is to get you your raft and some basic experience before you are thrown off into the wider world.

My goal was to get out of the free port as fast as possible last night (I did not make it) in order to get to a less populated/"higher level" zone.

Hmmm.  That’s depressing. The lawless areas I’m in are not that enjoyable at all. 

They are empty though and run ok. All the animals rubber band every few seconds though.