Firedragon

Change sleepers (removal / replacement)

If you ever experienced having a bigger company, no one can be online 24 / 7 / 365, there are a few things that needs change FAST!

• Snorring is annoying
  • Sleeping mates eat FPS

Currently we have 200+ members, to remove them in the buildings where we craft, everyone logs out in the dorm we build for that purpose.

For me, FPS drops from ~45 to ~14 (Nvidia GTX 1080TI / 32 GB RAM / game on SSD) if i get too close or spawn there.

Even changing graphic quality to low doesn't help to add more than 5 FPS, BUT if we kill our sleeping mates (we did for testing purpose) > FPS is good again!

The main purpose is to remove sleepers, this is just one idea how it could work!

I suggest adding a new buildable soulstone once per claimed area except logging out in unclaimed area (wild free).

Why i think this would help and a benefit for all:

1. It reduces server load / lag as it is only a single structure vs XXX chars
  2. No more snorring
  3. Less FPS drops inside claimed area's
  4. No more stealing from mates
  5. Offline members can be useful

How it could work to fit in to Atlas:

There has to be rules to make it work, to be fair and not exploitet.

• One soulstone per claimed area possible
  • You have to build a soulstone to activate spawning in your claimed area
  • Crafting a bed is required to build a soulstone
  • Increases HP to the soulstone per member that logs off in the area (ex. 100 HP for each offline member)
  • If a member is offline for more than 3 days, he will get excluded
  • It excludes online members (because they can fight and defend)
  • If placed inside building, it needs more space per offline member to prevent walling
  • There is a fixed max HP for the soulstone depending on how many members the company does have
  • It adds to the rule to get destroyed before enemy can claim the area
  • If there is no bed left, the soulstone becomes available to spawn (honoring the rules for spawning)
  • Re-spawn does include the items you had when you logged off (except spawning at the soulstone and items with expire date)
  • Ships (raft and so on...) are excluded

To keep sleepers online after the player logged out is a huge burden, nerves and for servers too.

Edited by Firedragon
  • Like 1

I agree something needs to be done about sleepers.  I can vouch that sleepers does in-fact completely kill fps,  ESPECIALLY people with lower GPU's.

It's nice that @Firedragon did some testing with a GTX 1080,  but imagine how someone with a much less capable GPU feels,  like for me as an example.  I myself have a GTX 760,  I know it's just below min requirements, but having everything reduced to minimum/off the game is still actually playable at 30-40 FPS.  However when there are approx 15-20 sleepers in my vicinity i drop to a measly 15fps.  That means my performance dropped by HALF, which is IMO a pretty big deal especially when it could be prevented by just completely remove sleepers OR have an alternative way as suggested above.  @Jatheish please take this into consideration.

Edited by Astronovalol
  • Like 1

just drag your sleepers out naked  and drown em. solved.  oO sleeper dogpiles are rather loud, even if you don't have the frame issue..  heh.

Just now, Liatni said:

just drag your sleepers out naked  and drown em. solved.  oO sleeper dogpiles are rather loud, even if you don't have the frame issue..  heh.

Solved?  How does that solve anything at all - especially in dragons case of where there are 200+ people.   Would you yourself want to be tasked in the job every day to kill 200 people in your group and gather all of their belongings?   Yikes... i think not.

Settledown, that was sarcasm to the fact that doing just that WOULD be something those in large groups couldn't do. 😉