Taluntherat

Upkeep timer at negative value

What does it mean? I found a place that said it had an upkeep timer of like 1200 seconds (10 minutes) I came back 20 minutes later and it was -1200 but I couldn't contest it or do anything else.

I would have assumed it meant they stopped their upkeep so why can't I place anything? I will admit I know nothing about how the claiming works as I haven't been able to find a free spot anywhere yet. Feel free to school me on how it works, I take no offense. 

Tal

It's a display bug. It goes from ~18k to ~-240k instead of from 260k to zero (theory). In any case, if you see timer it means the 3 day protection is active.

Thanks, I am frustrated there is so little land to claim, other than in areas no one wants to be in due to climate/lack of resources. 

I was hoping to build somewhere, and get to know the people around me then group up with them, rather than blindly join a group and get hosed after spending days collecting resources or some other BS.

Tal

I found a spot that had a flag, but it let me put one down, said it is contested now. So assuming it isn't broken, I guess eventually it will be mine. 

8 hours ago, Taluntherat said:

I found a spot that had a flag, but it let me put one down, said it is contested now. So assuming it isn't broken, I guess eventually it will be mine. 

if its contested then they are logged out in the area and u wont be able to claim it ,i have one flag i cant chage to the new working ones , so i have a friend log out in the hut i built on the claim area so it will always be contested and unclaimable,unless moday retro active patch to flag system makes it work 

Edited by UDO