Sign in to follow this  
Skody

Any NA PVE claims possible in tundra?

So this crappy flag system is still buggy.  My entire base got stolen after my small company worked on building and maintaining it for a week. We got trapped away from base during a server reboot and had to sleep IRL. Logged back on and our neighbors had stolen all our stuff as well as several other adjacent claims. We wanted a PVE experience not a crappy passive aggressive PVP experience. 

Anyways. I’m considering packing up sailing my little sloop to tundra and rebuilding. Is it worth it. Can we get a foothold with a flag or two. I think our characters are a high enough level that the cold wouldn’t be much of a problem. Have the latest fixes made claiming is stable and maintainable? 

Hi Skody,

I feel for you. I feel as though you shouldn't be penalized for actually using the ships that you've built, and being away for a few RL days. A simple dev fix to this would be:
If you claim has:
1) a tiny shipyard = no claim stealing until 1 full 24 hour cycle is complete since you left your area.

2) A small Shipyard = no claim stealing until 2 full 24 hour cycles are complete since you left your area.

3) A Large Shipyard = no claim stealing until 3 full 24 hour cycles are complete since you left your area.

In a game that is MEANT to build ships and have a home, I agree that it should NEVER penalize you for using its intended game mechanic.

TEMPORARY ALTERNATIVE:
I've made a separate Steam account, and made a character for my company who's roll is to simply sleep at my base. For the extra $33 Canadian dollars, I felt it was worth it in order to never lose my base.

Edited by Cantore

yes their are however a lot of tundra islands have no fiber at all its also important to note theirs no sap at all to make fur that being said theirs  a few workarounds if you find the right island etc bugs give paste a few select islands do have limited fiber etc the colds hard to deal with but again theirs solutions other than taming wolves provide a massive insulation buff when ridden and penguins give a AOE insulation buff.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:28 PM, Cantore said:

Hi Skody,

I feel for you. I feel as though you shouldn't be penalized for actually using the ships that you've built, and being away for a few RL days. A simple dev fix to this would be:
If you claim has:
1) a tiny shipyard = no claim stealing until 1 full 24 hour cycle is complete since you left your area.

2) A small Shipyard = no claim stealing until 2 full 24 hour cycles are complete since you left your area.

3) A Large Shipyard = no claim stealing until 3 full 24 hour cycles are complete since you left your area.

In a game that is MEANT to build ships and have a home, I agree that it should NEVER penalize you for using its intended game mechanic.

TEMPORARY ALTERNATIVE:
I've made a separate Steam account, and made a character for my company who's roll is to simply sleep at my base. For the extra $33 Canadian dollars, I felt it was worth it in order to never lose my base.

same as i have done for the sake of £19 peace of mind