Sign in to follow this  
Ankhwearer

Strange form of griefing

I got caught in the open during the server shut down and hunkered down next to someone's house. Could not connect to the server for the first hour following the v9 upgrade, so I resigned my character's fate as "gonna die" and went to bed.

Today I start up, expecting to be at my raft's bed, but instead find myself boxed in a room with windows built by "The Sharkfin Buccaneers". Seems that someone was able to make a 1x1 room under my sleeping body and I cannot leave.

Fortunately there is a bunny in here, so I can eat poop and die, which was going to be my fate anyway. But I am surprised you can build under sleeping bodies. But if you could not, that would be griefing on my part, perhaps. Sharkfin would not be able to expand his house with my sleeping body there.

What's your call on how devs might have handled this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1614440736 for screenshot.

Edited by Ankhwearer

7 minutes ago, Ankhwearer said:

I got caught in the open during the server shut down and hunkered down next to someone's house. Could not connect to the server for the first hour following the v9 upgrade, so I resigned my character's fate as "gonna die" and went to bed.

Today I start up, expecting to be at my raft's bed, but instead find myself boxed in a room with windows built by "The Sharkfin Buccaneers". Seems that someone was able to make a 1x1 room under my sleeping body and I cannot leave.

Fortunately there is a bunny in here, so I can eat poop and die, which was going to be my fate anyway. But I am surprised you can build under sleeping bodies. But if you could not, that would be griefing on my part, perhaps. Sharkfin would not be able to expand his house with my sleeping body there.

What's your call on how devs might have handled this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1614440736 for screenshot.

Let you use general chat so you may ask the guys to let you out...

They may have thought you were there trying to rob from their house.

Rob the house by falling asleep outside of it?

I guess maybe. People can be dumb.

As for letting me out, there was no door. Just four windows, boxing me in. Nice that they used windows, I guess. So I could tell that I was still in the same location I got dropped when the server shut down.

1 hour ago, Ankhwearer said:

Rob the house by falling asleep outside of it?

I guess maybe. People can be dumb.

As for letting me out, there was no door. Just four windows, boxing me in. Nice that they used windows, I guess. So I could tell that I was still in the same location I got dropped when the server shut down.

There's been a lot of thieving on the PvE servers. They might of been being assholes but they might of just been trying to stop you from jacking them. (Not saying you were)

Oh well, we'll never know now. 

Anyways...  I think the only real fix will be an admin and a report system.