Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

Graphic Settings For CPU?

So here is the issue. I have over the years upgraded my PC to the point that I have a GTX 1060 but my CPU is still an AMD A10 5800k which is like so old now. It has served me well in other games as the demand has been on my GPU not on CPU. Even Ark is that way, but this game seems to not be as optimized for it yet, I may upgrade in the future, but for now...I am just looking at lowering some settings that have a high demand on it without playing Pirate Minecraft pixels lol 

I have General Shadows set to low, post-processing to low, ground clutter density to far left as well as ground clutter distance...those are the usual CPU culprits in a game like this. I have for the most part fluid play unless I turn quickly or I'm in combat. Are there any other settings that anyone is aware of that would reduce the demand on the CPU? 

You can turn it to low on everything and fps doesnt change its all broken. Can really tell how broken as you cant turn off motion blur 

Try this.

1. Open up Nvidia Control Panel

2. Go to Manage 3D Settings

3. Over to the right, click on Program Settings

4. You'll have to add Atlas to the list, do so by clicking on Add and Atlas will be on top if your client is open

5. Once added, scroll down a bit to Power Management Mode

6. Change this setting to Prefer Maximum Performance

Good luck and Happy Sailing. 

Bone

Edited by Bonedancer