Yellowfrog

Why you still play this ''game''?

A few hours ago i decided to search the forums about looting a dead body on PVE server.I thought that was the major problem.(i have tried to start this game many times.every time i loose all my stuff,stop for 3-4 days and start again hoping something fixed)I have read all the topics about exploits and bugs and kills at PVE server( :P) and considering after all that:why **** you still play???

i will never log in again after i read all this mess.i used to play conan exiles (buggy game but you could play and enjoy it-i can still maintain all my buildings and pets and slaves with 30 minutes log in every 14 days)

this atlas game made me hate survival games.

• Like 1

Despite the problems I have with it, sailing around and building a house in hostile environments is fun. There have been a few setbacks but overall I like the premise and style of games.

And when I argue with kids in a few years I can be like "I've been here since launch!". :classic_cool:

The people who are complaining on the forums are always going to complain. Doesn't matter how broken the game is.

The fact is that they are actively patching it. 

I'd say make your own judgement. If you don't like it don't play. Don't let forum posts drive your decision. 

• Like 2

Because I have limited time to poke around in the game, I think that's what keeps me coming back (the break or away time to not be pissed off lol). Over the holidays, I took a few days off, played most days, and felt like I was wasting my time with the cycle of: gather, build, die, die by predator, gather, sail, ship sunk (by griefer)... start over. And because I don't come with an Ark background or history, I'm hoping that with all the potential, this game will become something better.

Just now, Maar said:

Because I have limited time to poke around in the game, I think that's what keeps me coming back (the break or away time to not be pissed off lol). Over the holidays, I took a few days off, played most days, and felt like I was wasting my time with the cycle of: gather, build, die, die by predator, gather, sail, ship sunk (by griefer)... start over. And because I don't come with an Ark background or history, I'm hoping that with all the potential, this game will become something better.

I am hoping too...to tell the truth i was conviced by the word ''mmorg'' to buy this game.if they limit the ''survival'' stuff and raise the ''mmorg'' stuff then something good might happen.i just wanted to make a ship,explore islands and just do PVE things without loosing anything.it seems it's not that kind of game.

i don't like PVP.it's bad for my blood pressure 😛 

as i said before i hoped for an mmorg when i first read for atlas,i am not an ARK player.

Edited by Yellowfrog

In survival games you will die and have to start over.

That's the genre. It's like Hidden Object Games, or Racing Games. If you don't like picking shapes out of mass of other shapes, don't play Hidden Object Games. Ditto for Racing.

My friend and I, who are playing Atlas, used to play almost exclusively MMORPGs. But after about 2015, we felt the genre had just petered out, so we tried these new things called Survival Games. We rented a server for the both of us to play on, and played a bunch of them including ARK, Empyrion, Don't Starve, 7 Days to Die, and probably others I can't remember. We grew to love the base-building, the crafting, and yes, the losing everything and starting over. It was challenging. A lot like the early days of MMORPG's actually.

For us Atlas is actually a godsend, despite it's rough state at the moment. It's the thing we were waiting for, and were ready for.

Edited by Ringo O'Rourke

12 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

In survival games you will die and have to start over.

That's the genre. It's like Hidden Object Games, or Racing Games. If you don't like picking shapes out of mass of other shapes, don't play Hidden Object Games. Ditto for Racing.

My friend and I, who are playing Atlas, used to play almost exclusively MMORPGs. But after about 2015, we felt the genre had just petered out, so we tried these new things called Survival Games. We rented a server for the both of us to play on, and played a bunch of them including ARK, Empyrion, Don't Starve, 7 Days to Die, and probably others I can't remember. We grew to love the base-building, the crafting, and yes, the losing everything and starting over. It was challenging. A lot like the early days of MMORPG's actually.

For us Atlas is actually a godsend, despite it's rough state at the moment. It's the thing we were waiting for, and were ready for.

i could agree with you if i had to start over only on my own fault. i mean that on a pve server noone should be able to get your stuff from your body,ship,base etc unless it is decayed.if i wanted to contest with others i would have chosen pvp server.

and the land claiming system is never going to work simply because more and more people will appear and need land.i have only played conan exiles(from survival games) before and the official servers' max capacity is 40 people.in a server with 10 people online at most time you see buildings everywhere.in your own server i can understand things will be better.i would love to play this game singleplayer or just with friends only.

just waiting for a good mmorg btw(i am ESO ,GW2 and black desert player)