Sign in to follow this  
Evir

I would kill for Ark or DnL melee combat.

Can we please get actually useful melee weapons? You are buffing firearms to be "useful in melee combat" when melee weapons are completely useless. Firearrows are/were the meta because it was the only damage that got around armor on a consistent basis. Firearms were useful in combat already, you just made them MORE useful. Meanwhile we have melee, that slows your movement, has no gap closers, burns your stamina super fast, does next to no damage (hitting people in hide for 5 damage... really?) and hits wild animals for 20-50 depending on the weapon and buffs, but the animals all have a huge cone knockback, and hundreds of health.  Headshotting a wolf for 500 with a rifle and it still doesnt die, vs trying to kill it with a sword hitting it for 25 to 30 a swing. 

I mean seriously this is absurd at this point, and you are worried about firearms doing more damage?!

Edit: most of the melee attacks cause you to stop moving completely, meanwhile you have a guy bunny hopping around while running, reloading flint lock rifle, pouring loose powder down a barrel and using a ram rod to push a lead ball down a tube, while jumping.

Edited by Evir
  • Like 2

Fully agree, a skilled spearman in ARK could beat a shooter, in Atlas it is not possible as the spearman has animations but the bunny jumping double pistol guy has not.

In my testing, the best melee weapon is the rifle...

Edited by Evir