Sign in to follow this  
Rotnsoul

NPC Sailor Cost

While at a Freeport the other day I spoke with an NPC that would sell me Sailors for my ship. The cost was 5 Gold per sailor? However its my understanding that there is daily or repeat cost for these sailors? My questions is why can I learn what the "upkeep" cost it before I buy 5 sailors and then find out on the way home I don't have the things needed to keep them long term? 

They cost 1 coin every 1.7 hours without points in Accomodations or Captaincy levels. They also need food, though unsure how much and how often they eat.

Edited by Dragonchampion

That seams costly, so its 5 GP to buy them and then 24 GP (roughly) for 1 day on your ship - I mean lets fact it, it can take hours just to get some one Freeport back to an area that you plan to be fighting in. This cost seems like it can add up quickly.

Thanks for the response by the way. 

Keep grabbing bottles and doing treasure maps and stuff.  You can build up gold fairly quickly.  Just make sure you get a decent amount of it first so you don't run out miday through a sailing adventure or something.  

Also the costs CHANGE depending on what they are assigned to do.  NPCS sitting on cannons cost more per hour than lazying about the deck.  I think sails also have a different cost.