Sign in to follow this  
Sam

I saw a Siren/Mermaid?

Wandering about the seas, and in G6, aside from about 8 or more SotD, I run into a green circle.

Music notes start popping about the screen, and I cannot control my lady, as she is all over the place dancing, I think (really made me freak out because I was trying to dodge all the SotD).

Anyone else seen this? Were these sirens? Someone else in the server square said the same was happening to him. Any idea what they fresh hell this is? What they do?

Thanks 

~Samantha

On 1/4/2019 at 2:00 AM, Sam said:

Wandering about the seas, and in G6, aside from about 8 or more SotD, I run into a green circle.

Music notes start popping about the screen, and I cannot control my lady, as she is all over the place dancing, I think (really made me freak out because I was trying to dodge all the SotD).

Anyone else seen this? Were these sirens? Someone else in the server square said the same was happening to him. Any idea what they fresh hell this is? What they do?

Thanks 

~Samantha

If you get too close to them " a +- 50m radius" they will sing and your character , probably npc too , gets attracted without being able to do anything , you'll just jump into the water and go to them , when you're close enough they grab you and try to drown you , there will be a minigame to get free from them but you'll need to kill them asap to not be grabbed again or killed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

If you get too close to them " a +- 50m radius" they will sing and your character , probably npc too , gets attracted without being able to do anything , you'll just jump into the water and go to them , when you're close enough they grab you and try to drown you , there will be a minigame to get free from them but you'll need to kill them asap to not be grabbed again or killed

Love it. Great twist on something unique to maritime life. Love that it’s rare but in the game. More stuff like this please.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:00 PM, Sam said:

Thanks 

~Samantha

Dorothy Parker 😛

• Like 1

It was quite an experience when I encountered my first mermaid.

I was sailing on a raft and I was looking for some fish to cook. I had to be fast in the water because of sharks. I jumped in, killed a fish and jumped back on raft. Suddenly, something started "pushing" me into the water, musical notes everywhere, I had no idea what was going on. I fell into the water and kept getting further and further away from the raft. I tried to swim back towards it but to no avail. I was freaking out because I knew the sharks weren't too far away.

I started looking around and I spotted the mermaid over the waves. I was mesmerized at first but I have managed to snap out of it. I pulled out a spear and smacked her in the face at the last moment. Finally, I was released from her grasp and I could swim back to my raft. I jumped on, turned the sail into the wind and got the hell out of there.

Then I got blown up by 3 SotD when I crossed the border to next region.

Edited by moriak
  • Like 3