Sign in to follow this  
Nightstrasza

Flintlock pistol

126 dmg to cow head?, only 100+ dmg to wolf head?, can o 87 dmg o wolf head with bow, that's a joke damage, here was perking up to get pistol and though that wolf menace will be over, it barely even takes half their health bar, reloads long and can't be used in water. Realy hope blunderbuss is much better otherwise might aswell just pray wolves get nerfed and stick to the bow...

ok so the Flintlock is fine.  You can hit for really high damage if you hit something with low armor value.  Shoot a wolf in the head and you will pretty much one shot kill it.  Shoot a high level wolf in the head and you will make it mad.   Shoot an Alpha Wolf in the head and it will laugh at you.

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

ok so the Flintlock is fine.  You can hit for really high damage if you hit something with low armor value.  Shoot a wolf in the head and you will pretty much one shot kill it.  Shoot a high level wolf in the head and you will make it mad.   Shoot an Alpha Wolf in the head and it will laugh at you.

Lvl 1-10 wolf/cow did not get headshot bonus for hitting their heads, then killed next wolf with a headshot, just seems their hitboxes suck.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Lvl 1-10 wolf/cow did not get headshot bonus for hitting their heads, then killed next wolf with a headshot, just seems their hitboxes suck.

Could also be system lag on your end?

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Could also be system lag on your end?

Rather server if anything, this game realy have some performance problems.

I did not bother repairing the first and only flintlock I made since it would take 3 bullets to kill a crocodile that is under lvl 10 (I'm literally infested by these and it was the reason that I wanted an upgrade to my weapons).

It seemed to be a waste of metal which is unfortunately fairly rare on my island.

1 minute ago, Nhaga said:

I did not bother repairing the first and only flintlock I made since it would take 3 bullets to kill a crocodile that is under lvl 10 (I'm literally infested by these and it was the reason that I wanted an upgrade to my weapons).

It seemed to be a waste of metal which is unfortunately fairly rare on my island.

Never fought crocs, maybe they have some high armor... try fire arrows, they deal % dmg, or maybe just didn't hit their head too?

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Never fought crocs, maybe they have some high armor... try fire arrows, they deal % dmg, or maybe just didn't hit their head too?

I've been fighting them for days I think I'm getting fairly good at it, surprisingly enough, even in water I've been doing fine with my bow.

It just bothers me because it tends to take around 10 arrows per crocs and I have to fight ~3 per trip to the only area of my island that have resources. I have not tried the fire arrows yet because I've read that the fire spread to ennemies in contact and there is quite a high density of other ceatures near my land (mostly elephants, I don't really want to anger them).

I also would have much preferred to use flintlocks pistols in a game that I bought for its pirate theme. 😞