Sign in to follow this  
Poot Pootington

Company membership and taxes..

Playing on PVE. 

We built a "tavern" with public workstations (smithy, loom, Tanner, etc) to give homeless Pirates a temporary place to build up while we benefit from our land tax. I tried setting my small shipyard that's collecting dust to public so they could build a starter ship, but you can't do that in the game apparently. 

The only way to allow access to a shipyard is to invite into our company. Fair enough, but I believe we won't be able to benefit from the land tax from company members. 

Any work arounds to encourage my anti social ass to bring noobs into the company or a way to let them use our small shipyard while still collecting the land tax?

Dont see the problem here. Just have them pay you for the usage. I'd personally be worried about letting random ppl into the company thou myself.

But its a good suggestion to allow "rent" of a ship yard so maybe post that in suggestions.

It costs materials to build a shipyard. Can you allow them to build a shipyard in your territory without admitting them to the company? If so, this would be a win win,  as they would have a protected place to build, and you would collect even more tax on the mats they gathered to build not just the boat, but the shipyard.

13 minutes ago, Dags said:

Dont see the problem here. Just have them pay you for the usage. I'd personally be worried about letting random ppl into the company thou myself.

But its a good suggestion to allow "rent" of a ship yard so maybe post that in suggestions.

With the rank settings for companies, I'm not too worried about bringing in people. I have rooms that are "public" and a back room that is for admins only.  

Problem is, I'm a greedy land Baron that wants to tax people for using my shipyard. Can't find a way to this. 

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

It costs materials to build a shipyard. Can you allow them to build a shipyard in your territory without admitting them to the company? If so, this would be a win win,  as they would have a protected place to build, and you would collect even more tax on the mats they gathered to build not just the boat, but the shipyard.

Only way to let them build their own shipyard near me would be to give up a claim. I have a relatively small claim of one land claim and one overlapping sea claim; so that's not an option. 

I'll double check the bank settings, but I don't think there's anything in there that let's me tax recruits in my own company. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Poot Pootington said:

With the rank settings for companies, I'm not too worried about bringing in people. I have rooms that are "public" and a back room that is for admins only.  

Problem is, I'm a greedy land Baron that wants to tax people for using my shipyard. Can't find a way to this. 

Only way to let them build their own shipyard near me would be to give up a claim. I have a relatively small claim of one land claim and one overlapping sea claim; so that's not an option. 

I'll double check the bank settings, but I don't think there's anything in there that let's me tax recruits in my own company. 

Ah okay. I have no land so wasn't sure how that worked. Thanks for clarifying.

23 minutes ago, Dags said:

Although, you have a point. I could charge them "rent" up front, invite them into the company as recruits, and boot them after their "rent" is up unless they pay again. 

Still, a shame my bank is largely useless if I do that. 

1 minute ago, Royalogic said:

How did you setup taxes? I didn't see it notice this as an option. 

If you build a bank, you can set it to take a cut of any resources harvested within your claims up to 30%. (For anyone not in your company).