Sign in to follow this  
Silen

Ship sunk

Wasted 40 hours making a Schooner on EU PvE, finally completed it, sailed it to a freeport, anchored it. Log back in game next morning and it's sunk.

Why? No idea. Company logs simply say the ship was removed, so AI didn't sink it for sure or it would be written.

Probably some trolls overweighted it. Fix this shit.

Ships degrade way faster in the freeport zones to stop people spawning 100s of rafts and stopping people getting out. I would imagine this is probably what happened. 

Doubt. I checked the decay rate before logging off and it was way too slow to sink in 5 hours or so. 

1 minute ago, Silen said:

Doubt. I checked the decay rate before logging off and it was way too slow to sink in 5 hours or so. 

Feel free to doubt, but thats most likely what happened. Do a search on the forums and you will see 🙂

Just now, Captain Kuro said:

Feel free to doubt, but thats most likely what happened. Do a search on the forums and you will see 🙂

It most likely isn't. I had a raft parked in a freeport, went back to play after 24 hours and it was still there. How come a schooner would sink in 5, then?

Just now, Silen said:

It most likely isn't. I had a raft parked in a freeport, went back to play after 24 hours and it was still there. How come a schooner would sink in 5, then?

Im just telling you what I have read here on the forums. And also from personal experience. Just trying to give you some advice so you dont lose another ship in the same way but w/e.

If your raft is there for 24hrs most likely you are repairing it several times restarting the decay process. Ships in Freeport are also being sunk by trolls over weighing them speeding up the process.

A raft is not a ship per se. Don't anchor ships in Freeport. Just don't.

The decay rate is INSANE. Freeport is just spawn area for new players. Thats it.

Stop sinking ships on freeports please XD

Edited by Manaos