Willard

Offline protection

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

They chose to raid at night because they are 24/7 players and they know they wont have any resistance during night. Stop making excuses. People do raid at nights because its easy, not because they play mostly at nights 😉

Its just pathetic how they ignore their enemies during the day and go raid them when they go offline. Its not pvp.

Well I guess they should have raided them to prevent that from happening when they were fighting versus. To be mad that people not PVPing when you want though is just foolish and selfish. 

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Really? How about people who prefer fighting against NPC-manned turrets go play PvE?

I dont see those people on these forums crying about fighting NPC. All I see are the few that cant  handle being raided 24/7 here crying about being offlined. Like i said if you cant handle that this is not the game for you. 

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

Well I guess they should have raided them to prevent that from happening when they were fighting versus. To be mad that people not PVPing when you want though is just foolish and selfish. 

I dont see those people on these forums crying about fighting NPC. All I see are the few that cant  handle being raided 24/7 here crying about being offlined. Like i said if you cant handle that this is not the game for you. 

You like raiding at nights because its easy don't u migthy PvPer? 😉

Edited by Willard

1 minute ago, Willard said:

You like raiding at nights because its easy don't u migthy PvPer? 😉

I raid whenever i feel like it. That is why I love this game there is no limitation as to when or why i can raid. You guys are the ones trying to ruin that by demanding that they add offline immunity. And FYI I work at night so no i do not raid at night. 

6 minutes ago, labatts said:

All I see are the few that cant  handle being raided 24/7 here crying about being offlined.

Because they are never onlined. Yeah why would people who bought this game expecting some awesome PvP experience be unhappy when all the PvP happens when they are sleeping or at work? Yeah maybe a game promised some cool ship vs ship fights so what if most ships are being sunk when anchored? It's not a problem at all. They just need to farm more resources for another layer of turrets, THAT is true pvp and everyone who disagrees should go to PvE server.

2 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Because they are never onlined. Yeah why would people who bought this game expecting some awesome PvP experience be unhappy when all the PvP happens when they are sleeping or at work? Yeah maybe a game promised some cool ship vs ship fights so what if most ships are being sunk when anchored? It's not a problem at all. They just need to farm more resources for another layer of turrets, THAT is true pvp and everyone who disagrees should go to PvE server.

So what if people offline raid why are you here to determine how other people play and have fun in this game? Yes i have experienced awesome  PVP and it had nothing to do with raiding. To me it sounds like you are mad that people are not coming to raid you when you are online. So why don't you go raid them when they are online, then you get your PVP and maybe prevent them from raiding you after you log. 

19 minutes ago, labatts said:

So what if people offline raid why are you here to determine how other people play and have fun in this game? Yes i have experienced awesome  PVP and it had nothing to do with raiding. To me it sounds like you are mad that people are not coming to raid you when you are online. So why don't you go raid them when they are online, then you get your PVP and maybe prevent them from raiding you after you log. 

It must be so much fun to offline raid someone 😄 soooo much Player versus Player when u got no enemy players playing.

Jesus I love these pathetic offline raiders who play 24/7 and refuse to raid you while online because they are not able to do it. So they have to raid you offline while you can't defend yourself. 

Btw I have no problem with people who actually play at night because they can't during a day. But those morons who just wait for you to go offline while playing all day long are just pathetic. They are not good at PvP, they don't even want to play proper PvP, they have no balls to fight you so they just wait.

Edited by Willard

23 minutes ago, labatts said:

To me it sounds like you are mad that people are not coming to raid you when you are online

No i'm mad at design that rewards offlining and avoiding a fight.

15 minutes ago, Willard said:

It must be so much fun to offline raid someone 😄 soooo much Player versus Player when u got no enemy players playing.

Fun sure. Have I offline raided of course I have for 1 reason or another. I am sure probably most people have at one point or another. Why are you to judge tho how someone plays the game and has fun doing so? They payed the same amount of money you did to play it the way they want. If people want to offline raid me then so be it just means i need to build a better base and out smart them, doesn't mean I come here and cry on the forums and demand a change to the game because of it. How about you adapt and overcome it instead of getting butt hurt and complaining about how people are playing the game the way they want. 

6 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

No i'm mad at design that rewards offlining and avoiding a fight.

Well you played Ark. Which this game is literally designed from so what made you think it was going to be any different lol ?  Maybe you should have read some reviews before you spent your money ? 

Edited by labatts

33 minutes ago, labatts said:

So why don't you go raid them when they are online, then you get your PVP and maybe prevent them from raiding you after you log. 

Or i can wait till night because avoiding a fight is a much more effective way of playing this game, and by being "honorable" i just risk loosing my land over nothing in a territory control MMO. You don't do what's the most fun to do in these games, you do things that are most effective otherwise you're dead. And the most effective thing to do is to offline raid, because it gives a huge advantage to attacker.

So i don't bother with land PvP anymore and just sailing around RPing and storing my ship at freeports for a night until i get bored enough to quit or the devs decide to turn Atlas into a proper PvP game.

21 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Or i can wait till night because avoiding a fight is a much more effective way of playing this game, and by being "honorable" i just risk loosing my land over nothing in a territory control MMO. You don't do what's the most fun to do in these games, you do things that are most effective otherwise you're dead. And the most effective thing to do is to offline raid, because it gives a huge advantage to attacker.

So i don't bother with land PvP anymore and just sailing around RPing and storing my ship at freeports for a night until i get bored enough to quit or the devs decide to turn Atlas into a proper PvP game.

Well  then You and I have different play styles because I play the game for fun, This is a proper PVP game You know you can just roam around and fight people without having to raid them right ??? You keep thinking that you have to raid people to get PVP which is not true. I think you are confused about what PVP truly is. raiding is meant for a few things. 1 you want resources / items they have. 2 To set a company behind to make them weaker. 3 to Gain territory that they. 

Edited by labatts

27 minutes ago, labatts said:

You know you can just roam around and fight people without having to raid them right ???

It's a territory control MMO. Of course i can just fight people for the fun of it but i'm not interested in random griefing and the main focus is territory control. As such i should be able to *actively* defend my territory and it should be more effective to attack other people's territory during their prime time, not the other way around.

Just now, LaiTash said:

It's a territory control MMO. Of course i can just fight people for the fun of it but i'm not interested in random griefing and the main focus is territory control. As such i should be able to *actively* defend my territory and it should be more effective to attack other people's territory during their prime time, not the other way around.

thats not griefing thats call open world PVP lol. You have no clue. You are so butt hurt because the game is not what you thought or want it to be. Clearly this game is not for you maybe you should go back to EVE.. Griefing would be where you kill the people and then sit there and repeatedly kill them over and over with no point intended but just to make them mad.

4 minutes ago, labatts said:

thats not griefing thats call open world PVP lol

PvP can be motivated or not. If it's not i call it griefing. But i guess there's no difference for ark fanboy.

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

PvP can be motivated or not. If it's not i call it griefing. But i guess there's no difference for ark fanboy.

Well I kinda feel bad for you since everyone that kills you must be griefing then in you'r eyes. Now I know why people are constantly calling people griefers, they truly have no idea what open world PVP is. 

Edited by labatts

11 minutes ago, labatts said:

Now I know why people are constantly calling people griefers, they truly have no idea what open world PVP is. 

You may not like it (i see you have a problem with facts) but killing other people's characters just because you can is griefing by definition. And i'm not saying it shouldn't be a thing mind you, just that i don't feel like doing that and don't think it makes the any game better.

Edited by LaiTash

3 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

You may not like it (i see you have a problem with facts) but killing other people's characters just because you can is griefing by definition. And i'm not saying it shouldn't be a thing mind you, just that i don't feel like doing that and don't think it makes the any game better.

Facts ?? So people that role play pirates and just kill on sight are griefing hmmm.  So you are like the people that i kill and all sudden just starts raging then lol.  That explains a bunch after the past couple days of chatting.

7 minutes ago, labatts said:

So people that role play pirates and just kill on sight are griefing hmmm.

Pirates didn't just kill on sight over nothing. And pretending that most PK in this game are "simply roleplayers" is as laughable as pretending that a large EU tribe located in EU timezone only attacks at nights simply because they all have weird work schedules and just can't play during EU prime time.

And once again, i'm not saying it's wrong, i'm not saying you shouldn't be doing that, i'm only saying that i personally don't like doing that. How is it so difficult to understand?

Edited by LaiTash

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

Pirates didn't just kill on sight over nothing. And pretending that most people in this game are "simply roleplayers" is as laughable as pretending that a large EU tribe located in EU timezone only attacks at nights simply because they all have weird work schedules and just can't play during EU prime time.

And once again, i'm not saying it's wrong, i'm not saying you shouldn't be doing that, i'm only saying that i personally don't like doing that. How is it so difficult to understand?

I was using the pirate kos as an example, but you took it literally lol. 

11 minutes ago, labatts said:

I was using the pirate kos as an example

Any other examples besides "hurr durr because it's an open pvp game"?

Edited by LaiTash

2 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Any other examples besides "hurr durr because it's an open pvp game"?

Hmmm nope just funny how people cry about PVP in an open world PVP game. 

Edited by labatts

2 hours ago, labatts said:

Fun sure. Have I offline raided of course I have for 1 reason or another. I am sure probably most people have at one point or another. Why are you to judge tho how someone plays the game and has fun doing so? They payed the same amount of money you did to play it the way they want. If people want to offline raid me then so be it just means i need to build a better base and out smart them, doesn't mean I come here and cry on the forums and demand a change to the game because of it. How about you adapt and overcome it instead of getting butt hurt and complaining about how people are playing the game the way they want. 

You cant outsmart them. Currently there are no means how to stop offline raiders thats it. You can have puckles, swivels, cannons, multiple honeycombs and u still get raided easily 😉

And im not telling them how to play. I just consider them pathetic 😉

Edited by Willard

17 minutes ago, Willard said:

You cant outsmart them. Currently there are no means how to stop offline raiders thats it. You can have puckles, swivels, cannons, multiple honeycombs and u still get raided easily 😉

And im not telling them how to play. I just consider them pathetic 😉

I agree puckles need a buff of some sort. But i also think alot of the issue with those are lag. And there are still ways to keep valuables hidden so people cant get your loot.

44 minutes ago, labatts said:

Hmmm nope just funny how people cry about PVP in an open world PVP game. 

Who's crying about pvp exactly?

51 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Who's crying about pvp exactly?

Just people on these forums. 

I totally disagree. This is a pvp server, and its live. the risk will always be there thats why its pvp. you got a problem with that you go to carebear pve server. offline protection is bullshit

• Like 1