Sign in to follow this  
Aery

!Never Again! (Cluster Downtime alternatives)

So I am making this on behalf of hundreds-thousands of players who were victims of the 2-3 day cluster downtimes across all official servers.
This is UNACCEPTABLE for an MMO.
Please add the option that in case a cluster is 0/150 to let players, kill their character remotely with a button from server/cluster selection screen and let us at least have some play time on other clusters, maybe even add the option to create a new character ( for those who are low level and simply dont care to fully restart )
I would RATHER lose my gear, than spend days on end not being able to play on my home cluster, or ANY other cluster on that server, because they all give timeouts.
I would gladly sacrifice my gear ( I know some people log off naked, but I crashed and couldnt rejoin after the patch personally ) than not being able to do anything at all.
There is another reason for this request. lawless regions have short decay timers ( i dont know anything about claimed land timers so i wont comment on that, but I imagine claims have timers before they can be stolen too?) When a cluster on lawless is down for 3 days, that means theres less than 1 day left before people bases can be demolished! That is a nightmare if u ask me!
Most people here have jobs, schools, etc they cant just camp at their computer 24/7 when the issue gets fixed, so what when day 3 turns into day 4 or while someone is asleep/job/school/etc, some random player logs in after the servers are fixed, and demolishes tons of player bases, devs, this is UNACCEPTABLE SCENARIO!
There are also countless huge threads about this request on bug section, please consider this, because this is just..... NEVER AGAIN!
Here is one thread example of hundreds of people begging for help, yet they got deaf ear for days..
If anyone has more ideas please share them here, anything is better than being stuck offline for so long.

Edited by Aery
  • Like 2

I think you are right.

We should be able to "kill" our caractere and respawn if not possible in our home region or bed, elsewhere in the game.

You CAN play on different clusters... There are only 4 clusters, NA PVP, NA PVE, EU PVE and EU PVP..  Each cluster has several grids/servers.. 

The real thing they need is that it HAS to check if the server they are trying to push us over to is actually up and working, and if else push us back to the grid we came from.. 

But I do agree that we need the option to "Kill my character" .. I would never accept make new char only as I would have to start from level 0.. 
I'm playing on PVE now (Another cluster) as I can't play on PVP.. (my primary cluster) 

You are speaking of Servers, we mean clusters by their letter and number code, every server has around 100+ clusters.

Also we finally managed to get in our cluster after the v8.72 version, you will first need to select ur home cluster and get timeout, then go to main menu and click "rejoin" it seems to solve the issue of not being able to enter for some players.

Also me and my tribe just checked our neighbors bases, most of them have 1 days and 3 hour timers, people in global chat are already reporting their bases gone, it is as i predicted, people would run around and grief players by demolishing their bases who werent on the 31st of dec to refresh their decay rates, it is truly sad and more than ever important to not let this disaster happen again.