Sign in to follow this  
Bowtie

Farming needs an overhaul right away!

After 10k wood, thatch, fiber, stone, etc. enough for half a brig, I  built a farming area big enough for only 20 plots. Then I had to make tons of fertilizer, and an plumbing system. Then I had to get seeds, some very exotic to my home tile. Then I had to plant the seeds, till the soil using an AWFUL AND DISGUSTING minigame. Oh, the soil tilling talents are having ZERO effect on increasing the harvest quantity for the last stage before picking the crops. Then I have to wait HOURS AND HOURS, like 12 hours or more for the crops to completely develop, and that's while doing the stupid tilling soil minigame to get growth speed boosts. It's even worse if you mess up the minigame, which is WAY TOO EASY TO SCREW UP. Then, FINALLY, I get to harvest my crops, and what do I get? FOUR LOUSY CARROTS WITH A 5 MINUTE SPOIL TIMER.

ARE YOU F$%^ING KIDDING ME?

Alex's Rosemary Chicken requires THREE carrots EACH craft! How am I supposed to provide large quantities of meals to all the many people who will visit my Tavern and Restaurant in K11 PVE if I cannot get USEFUL QUANTITIES of crops in a REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME? I need to provide the best food, every kind of meal, to everyone worldwide! I need to advertise my place of business so everyone sails from every tile to come socialize at the greatest Tavern this game will have, and eat ANY of the available meals because I have USEFUL QUANTITIES of EVERY INGREDIENT on hand -- this means I also need SEEDS FOR EVERY INGREDIENT, INCLUDING HERBS AND FRUIT!

I SIMPLY CANNOT BE THE MASTER CHEF WITH THE WAY THE FOOD SYSTEM IS RIGHT NOW.

So, when is the food and farming system overhaul coming?

Thank you, truly looking forward to providing excellent food to everyone ASAP.

Edit: Oh YEAH, I didn't get ANY SEEDS back for any of my harvests. How am I supposed to increase my crop quantities, or donate/trade/sell seeds to other farmers if seeds are not reliably looted from harvesting grown crops from plots? Also, is there even a difference between Small and Large plots right now, aside from the construction cost?!

Edited by Bowtie
  • Like 2

This is almost really awesome feedback Bowtie, save for your obviously attitude about how the current system is working.

Provide the feedback and wait for the updates.

Farming is probably pretty low on the list now, which i know is sad for you, but I bet it will get a pass sometime in the next 2 years of development.

Everyone wants everything fixed instantly to their liking for what they perceive to be a released game, rather than having patience and providing constant solid feedback.

• Sad 1

Well, I'm irate because, like most humans, what I want to do is what I want to do right now, and who wants to wait? The farming works great in ARK so I'm upset it's not successfully copy/pasta'd into Atlas.

It's time to Feed the Atlas, and fuel the pirate world!

Hehe, i appreciate that, but yeah, 2 years development, said when it was purchased 🙂

I want lots of changes fast too.

Of course you could do it on a private server, modifying farming to work however you want, but i get you want to be a renowned tavern on the official PvE, so patience and hope and providing feedback is the best you can do.

And properly formatted feedback, with statistics and examples, are always more looked at than "Fix farming now!!!"

Sorry man, I'm not typing MLA format dissertations here; I'm bitching. If they can't "see" the problems regardless of "format" of the complaint, that speaks volumes about them and I don't believe they're that incompetent.