Sign in to follow this  
Ransurias

Ship of the Damned spawn rate still too high

I saw four in a single frame earlier today while coming back from a hunting trip on my raft. I nearly ran into one after he magically pivoted on a dime, which would've cost a *ton* of hide for my company. Can't these things be toned down to the point where there's only a handful per grid?

• Like 2

Totally agree...my husband ran into 8 of them at once while sailing back to our home base on his raft...needless to say, he didn't make it.  The spawn rate needs to be turned down quite a bit.  Running into to 8 of them at once is a bit much.

17 minutes ago, Poot Pootington said:

Are merchant ships spawning in yet?

I'm curious if they'll fight with the SotD and help keep their numbers in check.

Fights in this game are pretty mobile. Avoiding aggro will be even harder if theyre moving unpredictably in combat lol.

Agreed. We've lost two sloops and a schooner to them. Last time we had a red following us, and when we crossed the grid line we sailed straight into two more that were hanging out there. To top it off, there was a storm. We lost two, but one combined with damange from the storm was too much. Lost the schooner. It's impossible right now to travel from E5 to D6, which means we cant run supplies to our claimed land that aren't available on the island, like metal. 

1 hour ago, McGimp said:

Fights in this game are pretty mobile. Avoiding aggro will be even harder if theyre moving unpredictably in combat lol.

If mobs fight anything like the sea dino's do in Ark, they'll spin in circles until one of them dies.  

• Haha 1

Yeahh... And you still can be owned by only one green if it alings with you Wind wise. The Sailing/pirate game that makes more sense to stay on land XD.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cpt.Zuln said:

Yeahh... And you still can be owned by only one green if it alings with you Wind wise. The Sailing/pirate game that makes more sense to stay on land XD.

True. And if you do decide to risk the waters, be ready to set aside 8 hours to reach your destination. Weaving between these things makes for super engaging content. Need to have a piss? Grab a beverage? Too bad no time to afk might get sniped by a SoD. FUN FUN FUN!!!

• Haha 1