Morticielle

Landclaims have to be changed

1. Not 1, but it needs limiting imo. Maybe have it as a skill which can increase the number of claims up to a certain number

2. There needs to be contesting. I think thats a great mechanic for the game. Causes people to fight. Make a good base in your area and you wont need to be on 24/7 as your sleeping body will contest it

Agreed. This land thing is a joke. Island after island settled by large groups. And some placing buoys in front of land settled to force faster decay. Peeps running around all day placing flags to challenge. Its like the gold rush- all sailed out and took all the land, and now profit from it.

And when you do find a small place, the land claimed by someone else, they think they own all the resources in their boundary. really? lol. I will mine metal wherever I want. It will RESPAWN. geesh.

Yes.  I would think for claim system

1. Level based system for number of claims.

2. Or a skill based system for number of claims.  

3. Or one per island entity.

Plus.   Maybe a war declaration feature like Eve online.  Where there is a 24 hour time before you can war/ attack.   It would make for much better battles when u can both prepare for the fight.

17 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

2. There needs to be contesting. I think thats a great mechanic for the game. Causes people to fight. Make a good base in your area and you wont need to be on 24/7 as your sleeping body will contest it

I play on PVE for NOT having to fight over everything, mate.