Sign in to follow this  
JodianGaming

Gloves Are Off ...

30 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

Ok, your ignorance is staggering... 

Hi Jodian, just curious, did you follow Steam's direction?

What is the game like to play right now?

When you buy an Early Access game, you should consider what the game is like to play right now. Look at the screenshots and videos to see what the game looks like in its current state. There are a lot of ways a game can go as it develops over time, so if you aren't excited to play the game in its current state, then hold off and wait until the next update--it shouldn't be far off.

Because your video wasn't original.. in fact there are a million just like it.  Had you taken an hour to research the game rather than making a Youtube video, you'd have been aware of it's current state.

I hope that refund goes through for you.

• Like 1

So they jsut made it impossible for YOU? There are somedays when I have problems logging in. I normnally jsut hit rejoin server instead of select join new server and then the server i want and where i want to spawn. I always get in on the 2nd try. Never the first. The first attempt always times out. But I have been playing since day one. I just keep attempting to join and I eventually do. Even when I have had problems the game eventually lets me in. Maybe you should try again. Click Rejoin.

Just now, Domino said:

Hi Jodian, just curious, did you follow Steam's direction?

What is the game like to play right now?

When you buy an Early Access game, you should consider what the game is like to play right now. Look at the screenshots and videos to see what the game looks like in its current state. There are a lot of ways a game can go as it develops over time, so if you aren't excited to play the game in its current state, then hold off and wait until the next update--it shouldn't be far off.

Because your video wasn't original.. in fact there are a million just like it.  Had you taken an hour to research the game rather than making a Youtube video, you'd have been aware of it's current state.

I hope that refund goes through for you.

Ok, Domino, you're obviously coming into the middle here without actually knowing what's going on.  Do you see my purchase date?  It's not like I bought this game today.  I've been trying to work through this issue since before Christmas.  I've done extensive troubleshooting in an attempt to HELP the developer track down the problem that quite a few people are having.  Look at the screenshots and videos?  All the screenshots and videos were provided by the developer and show a beautifully functioning game without any problems or issues.  That's far from it's current state.  Had you taken 5 minutes to look into my history on these forums, instead of jumping in with a superiority complex, you wouldn't now look like a fool.

Yea, I hope my 3rd refund attempt goes through too... Just takes getting the right person on Steam's end.

6 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

So they jsut made it impossible for YOU? There are somedays when I have problems logging in. I normnally jsut hit rejoin server instead of select join new server and then the server i want and where i want to spawn. I always get in on the 2nd try. Never the first. The first attempt always times out. But I have been playing since day one. I just keep attempting to join and I eventually do. Even when I have had problems the game eventually lets me in. Maybe you should try again. Click Rejoin.

Actually no, not just for ME... There are quite a few people who are having the exact same issue as me.  The topics I've created have quite a few replies in regards to that.  I've tried 20-30 times sometimes, different servers and different countries, to try to get on.  I've tried hitting rejoin, which usually shows the last server I unsuccessfully tried, and it doesn't go through either.

I, honestly, don't know why people are hopping in here thinking they know the problems I've been having.  Obviously none of you have checked out my actual "bug report" topics to see how much I've gone through to try to make this game work.  Please, before anyone else comes and opens their virtual mouth in ignorance, go and look at exactly what I've gone through to TRY to work with these developers to get this game working.  You can easily see find those topics on my profile.

Edited by JodianGaming

4 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

Ok, Domino, you're obviously coming into the middle here without actually knowing what's going on.  Do you see my purchase date?  It's not like I bought this game today.  I've been trying to work through this issue since before Christmas.  I've done extensive troubleshooting in an attempt to HELP the developer track down the problem that quite a few people are having.  Look at the screenshots and videos?  All the screenshots and videos were provided by the developer and show a beautifully functioning game without any problems or issues.  That's far from it's current state.  Had you taken 5 minutes to look into my history on these forums, instead of jumping in with a superiority complex, you wouldn't now look like a fool.

Yea, I hope my 3rd refund attempt goes through too... Just takes getting the right person on Steam's end.

What would you like them to show you? The menu screen with the errors as a teaser trailer? The stuff we saw is in the trailers is as its current state is. 

You’re making a ticket right? Not a refund request because those are on automatic pilot.

Edited by Percieval

Just now, JodianGaming said:

I actually responded earlier in the thread.  I'm heartbroken you didn't read it.  What's the point in posting in a forum if you aren't reading your replies?

And nope, I didn't bother to check your purchase date... it doesn't really matter to me.  If you eagerly jumped in without bothering to find out how it was (you know, watching others on YouTube, or Twitch, or whatever), then it sounds like you didn't do your due diligence as a consumer.  Perhaps that's a lesson you can take away.

Early Access titles have a reputation for being a disaster, many of them never even see it through to completion.  I knew what I was getting into, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my time in the game.  So how's that make me look like a fool?  Maybe a fanboi... but then again, I'd rather be a fanboi and happy with my purchase, rather than any of the alternatives.  At the end of the day, you paid a whopping $25 or so for the game and had an opportunity to get it refunded, but you didn't.  Again, maybe a lesson learned for you

Just now, Percieval said:

What would you like them to show you? The menu screen with the errors as a teaser trailer? The stuff we saw is in the trailers is as its current state is. 

You’re making a ticket right? Not a refund request because those are on automatic pilot.

I would like to make a ticket... They have NO TICKET SYSTEM...  That's part of the problem here.  By the time you post a bug report it's buried on page 15.

2 minutes ago, Domino said:

I actually responded earlier in the thread.  I'm heartbroken you didn't read it.  What's the point in posting in a forum if you aren't reading your replies?

Actually I read every reply, but all of you were saying the same thing mndfreeze said so I just focused on one big reply instead of writing everyone individual replies saying the same thing.

The patches you reference might have optimized the network, but they haven't done anything with the routing issues.  As I've said before, THAT is where the problem is.

...At least this topic is getting some attention, which is pretty much what I designed it for.  Easier for Devs/Mods to notice shit when disagreements help it stay on page 1.

Edited by JodianGaming

20 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

...At least this topic is getting some attention, which is pretty much what I designed it for.  

Clickbait for your YT channel?  No one saw that coming....

Just now, Domino said:

Clickbait for your YT channel?  No one saw that coming....

No, click-bait for my connectivity issue...  But thanks for showing exactly where your head is at.

The fact of the matter is this:

You paid 25$ for this game after a 17% off purchase price sale on initial release.

You knew it was early access.

You know early access games all have cry baby complaints like yours this early into release.

They are still putting much time into the development phase and are working hard on fixing issues that matter and yet you act like they've tried to pass this thing off as complete.

After the game has been released for 10 days it seems to me like you demanded perfection by day 2.

Your technical expertise means nothing when the only thing they know of you is your youtube videos knocking them down.

You do not work for them, so there fore your 'advice' is meaningless. 

Do us all a favor, and play the patient and humble role and just enjoy what works, otherwise some random guy like me will never subscribe to videos like this.

Oh and btw, Merry Christmas & have a happy new year.   I wonder how much time the dev's spent on this game instead of with their families between dec 19th until now.

Children like you are the reason why we have things like 'child safe - slip handles' on door knobs and nutrition labels.

• Like 1