Sign in to follow this  
JodianGaming

Gloves Are Off ...

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I said it runs way better than 7 days ago and that sounds to you like a complete ass? You’ve another thing coming in life then. They are resolving it and I’m sure it will work out for everyone, right now they made it better for the bigger part of the community. 

They should prioritize only on the basis of "how many people have this issue". The severity of the issue should matter as well. 

Once again EA can't be an excuse for everything. There is a reason why so many people, youtube channels, and steam reviewers call this game a complete disaster. This is what you get when, say, 500 out of 40000 people can't even play the game they paid for. Happy customers rarely write reviews.

Edited by LaiTash

Just now, LaiTash said:

They should prioritize only on the basis of "how many people have this issue". The severity of the issue should matter as well. 

Once again EA can't be an excuse for everything. There is a reason why so many people, youtube channels, and steam reviewers call this game a complete disaster. This is what you get If say 500 out of 40000 people can't even play the game they paid for. Happy customers rarely write reviews.

They prioritized connection issues since day 1, can’t do more than that.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Once again EA can't be an excuse for everything. There is a reason why so many people, youtube channels, and steam reviewers call this game a complete disaster. This is what you get when, say, 500 out of 40000 people can't even play the game they paid for. Happy customers rarely write reviews.

Patches 7.6 and 7.8 were almost exclusively for this.  The two most recent patches.  How much more can they prioritize this?

8 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

So, first off. I never said EA means Early Alpha. I said early access means you are playing an alpha game.  So we can clear that misunderstanding up now and you can stop repeating it.  I was going to paste the software release cycle for you so you have a clear grasp of the stages but I don't imagine it will serve much purpose.  Pre-alpha -> Alpha -> Beta -> pre-release -> release -> support -> end of life are the basic steps.  We are at the second step.  That's the step where software features are not yet finalized. Things are being added and removed.  Shit is super broken and may not function correctly or even at all.  That's what early access games are.  The caveat for steam is they have to be able to reasonably function for most users to be sold on steam.  If 50% of us had your problem, steam would pull it.  But the game works for most people and your problem is not a huge percentage.  The connection issues most people are having are different than yours and related to server load, player count, etc.

Second. I just ran a traceroute. NO where did my network hit germany, at all.  It routed all the way to amazons aws servers (which is the datacenter platform the game runs on) and had no issues.  So, I'm fairly positive there is some fuckery going on over on your end like I stated before. Or there is some fuckery going on at your ISP or their backbone provider.  Regardless none of that has to do with the game itself.   Here is my trace:

1     2 ms     2 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    10 ms     9 ms    22 ms  10.35.XXX.XXX
  3    16 ms    13 ms    11 ms  100.127.73.168
  4    23 ms    36 ms    25 ms  100.120.100.6
  5    37 ms    35 ms    37 ms  dalsbbrj02-ae3.0.rd.dl.cox.net [68.1.5.134]
  6    37 ms    38 ms    39 ms  99.82.176.104
  7    71 ms    70 ms    72 ms  176.32.125.174
  8    69 ms    70 ms    74 ms  176.32.125.181
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10    68 ms    67 ms    70 ms  52.93.129.235
 11    70 ms    67 ms    69 ms  178.236.3.31
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19    73 ms    68 ms    70 ms  52.93.29.202
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26    69 ms    69 ms    69 ms  s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com [52.216.237.242]

Trace complete.

Those timeouts are normal as long as you hit the last hop, which I did, without packet loss.  Those are hidden core routers and stuff to stop DDOS kids from taking out major network segments.  The game also routes its data out over port 80 and port 5757, at least it was for me.  Zero issues. No Germany.  That is amazons edge network.  Its impossible for me to say where shit routes past that point because that's where they start doing their cloud stuff, anti-DDOS stuff, etc It will route from there to the actual physical set of servers and is handled by their network.

Just because 401 other games work just fine has nothing to do with this unless those other games ALSO use the same set of amazon hosted cloud servers, which they don't.  Now, I've read about this game being bitchy if you go through a double NAT (network address translation) which you might be behind. One at your house on your router (required to have a single internet IP to multiple devices in your house) and one on your provider.  If that's the case you might just be screwed unless they alter their network code or get amazon to change their connection requirements, impossible to say who is actually at fault for that here since its all just speculation and may not be any of it.

The fact that you keep coming back to talking points used by allllll the angry salty kids like 'it was a cash grab!' and 'its jus ark reskinned' is exactly why you are just salty.  You could have put out a legitimate complaint video that addressed the actual shit going on, but instead you chose to bandwagon on the hate train and sound like the angry kids on reddit when they get zerged by chinese.  instead of admitting they just got beaten they immediately cry HAX HAX AIMBOT DUPE with no actual evidence of anything.  You should have just stopped  your video at 'shit doesn't work, not happy about it, gunna get a refund' instead of going down that road.  You're just trying to use your "internet personality" in hopes your salt spreads.  Hell, you haven't even played it so how can you make the ark reskinned comments?  Just regurgitating other peoples drivel at that point.

You have every right to be pissy the game doesnt work for you but you also need to admit that you paid to be an alpha tester and this is part of the package. The store page has a big ass warning on it about it. You chose to support the game (cashgrab!) to see it 2 years early, help them develop new content and find bugs along the way.  It has been 7 days and they have put out patches every day, usually multiple.  They put detailed patch notes up of each patch as well as the upcoming patches.  For someone who says he remembers arks release your memory must be fuzzy because that ACTUALLY was a disaster and for a lot more than just the first day.  That shit was a disaster for 80% of its entire EA process. They have been super quick to try to address issues this time, listen to the community, and fix shit.  They have made major gameplay changes already at the request of the community.  Remember all the vitamin sucks posts? Notice the constant nerfing of the ghost ships as they try to dial it in? If they could fix the entire games problems in a week I imagine they would but it's no surprise it's going to take 2 years to get it all worked out and that's what we all signed up for.

tl;dr your network or computer is fucked.  Be better than the hate train and use some logic and reason.  Don't sign up for alpha test shit if you are gunna get pissed and lose your shit over it being exactly what it says it will be, buggy and broken.

If you want some ACTUAL assistance fixing the issue I suggest you have a friend come over with a computer strong enough to at least open the game (playability not required), log into steam on his system, see if it works. If it does, its your PC.  If it doesn't then its something on the network.  See if you can hook your PC directly up to your internet connection (cable modem or DSL) without a router, no NAT or anything and see if it fixes it.  PM me your traceroutes if you want and I'll gladly take a look and see if I spot anything obvious.  The most likely culprits though are going to be software firewall/anti virus/network related stuff on your PC, windows being stupid and blocking ports, your router and its NAT capabilities or configuration, your ISP and how you connect to it and finally some network shennanigans out on the internet outside of your control.    

Ok, so first off you decided to trace the actual game server and NOT the IP addresses the game actually connects through.  That's like pinging Google to see if there is a problem with Steam.  I can trace to the NA data center too, and guess what?  It works and has fewer hops than yours. 

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.2.1
  2    10 ms    16 ms     8 ms  70.76.32.1
  3    11 ms    11 ms    12 ms  dx1ef-fe0-1.dr.shawcable.net [24.244.8.137]
  4     9 ms     9 ms    10 ms  66.163.66.78
  5    20 ms    19 ms    19 ms  rc4fs-tge0-14-0-15.mt.shawcable.net [66.163.75.170]
  6    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  66.163.66.74
  7    52 ms    53 ms    91 ms  52.93.3.100
  8    54 ms    54 ms    55 ms  52.93.3.109
  9    55 ms    54 ms    54 ms  52.93.3.151
 10    55 ms    55 ms    54 ms  54.239.43.188
 11    76 ms    55 ms    56 ms  54.239.42.75
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16    55 ms    54 ms    54 ms  s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com [52.216.237.242]

No big surprise there considering I'm pinging the US data center directly.  That said, the developers DON'T do a DIRECT connection to the data centers.  If you would have looked in your game directory, like I said, you would see the file called "OfficialServers.ini" and locate the ACTUAL connection IP addresses in that file.  Here's just a few from that file;

THIS is how they route your connection to their servers, and where the actual problem exists.  Before you continue simply ASSuming you know the troubleshooting I've done, how about you actually go and take a look at my other topics, specifically the one called "ATTENTION DEVELOPERS --- CONNECTION TROUBLESHOOTING" because most of what you suggest has already been done, tested, and didn't resolve shit.  I also detail exactly how the connections are routed and even prove it through Steam.

I've always stated that I'm open to troubleshooting, but nobody seems to be interested in figuring out this problem that DOES effect a large number of players.  I know it has nothing to do with my end.  Where the problem actually exists, however, is anyone's guess.

Just for your benefit, however, I'm going to do another video.  It'll include real-time troubleshooting to show exactly where the problem exists in Atlas.  I'll post it here.  If you want to prove me wrong, watch it and solve the problem.  Otherwise my initial video here is entirely justified.

Edited by JodianGaming

Here ya go mndfreeze... Hopefully you have an hour to spare...  Enjoy

Note:  I'll admit when I first check out the "37.10.x.x" address at about 17:00 I get sidetracked by the actual address of the registrar and miss the country code, because I had something else on my mind, but I get back on track after about a minute or two so bare with me.

Edited by JodianGaming

13 hours ago, Percieval said:

Sounds like EA to me. 

What part of it sounds like EA?  The part where it says " before releasing the product to everyday users or the public" ? 

/sarcasm

3 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

What part of it sounds like EA?  The part where it says " before releasing the product to everyday users or the public" ? 

/sarcasm

No, what I said, was it that hard to understand? 

It’s people’s decision to join into the EA process

Edited by Percieval

11 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No, what I said, was it that hard to understand? 

It’s people’s decision to join into the EA process

Why is that always the excuse of people who aren't having game-breaking issues?

"You joined Early Access, you should expect the game to not be playable"

That's the biggest crock of shit ever, and it's the reason why EA is full of games that never get finished or have never worked in the first place.  The only reason Steam puts out an EA warning is so THEY can't be held liable, you realize that right?  They get a cut of the sales, so don't tell me that Steam isn't making a fortune off all these games that burn customers in EA.

That said, it's the companies decision to put out false or misleading information.  It's the company's decision to focus on minor issues instead of game-breaking stuff.  It's the company's decision to run a bug-reporting system that DOESN'T WORK.  I've backed a lot of EA products and I gotta tell you that none of them have had the shit launches that this company has put out.  You'd think they would have learned after the messy launch of Ark to make sure shit works before they release it into EA.

Don't go jumping on some high horse thinking the consumer is to blame.  You're far from correct in that statement.  The responsibility for the product, weather it's in EA or not, is entirely on the developer.  The responsibility for how it's designed, how it functions, the transparency on it's problems and development, and how you deal with those problems is ENTIRELY on the developer.  The customer has ZERO control of that, except maybe in the review process.

...and we see how well this game is doing there, don't we?

Edited by JodianGaming

im still confused why people are upset about a 2x event. like people have said , its a config file change, and they will probably do it close to every weekend like ark. not surprising

3 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

Why is that always the excuse of people who aren't having game-breaking issues?

"You joined Early Access, you should expect the game to not be playable"

That's the biggest crock of shit ever, and it's the reason why EA is full of games that never get finished or have never worked in the first place.  The only reason Steam puts out an EA warning is so THEY can't be held liable, you realize that right?  They get a cut of the sales, so don't tell me that Steam isn't making a fortune off all these games that burn customers in EA.

That said, it's the companies decision to put out false or misleading information.  It's the company's decision to focus on minor issues instead of game-breaking stuff.  It's the company's decision to run a bug-reporting system that DOESN'T WORK.  I've backed a lot of EA products and I gotta tell you that none of them have had the shit launches that this company has put out.  You'd think they would have learned after the messy launch of Ark to make sure shit works before they release it into EA.

Don't go jumping on some high horse thinking the consumer is to blame.  You're far from correct in that statement.  The responsibility for the product, weather it's in EA or not, is entirely on the developer.  The responsibility for how it's designed, how it functions, the transparency on it's problems and development, and how you deal with those problems is ENTIRELY on the developer.  The customer has ZERO control of that.

First of all, Steam put it up there because GS labelled it. Because of the early access people can get their game refunded after the 2h period, so all it does is a disadvantage for Steam. As for the focussing goes; All they have prioritized this week is the connection/server problems, those were huge. What else did you want them to have prioritized? 

Seems like you’re the one being miles away from a correct statement, 

1 minute ago, mizunami said:

im still confused why people are upset about a 2x event. like people have said , its a config file change, and they will probably do it close to every weekend like ark. not surprising

The problem is that the team size is limited...  These 2x events are NOT just a configuration change.  That's how YOU do it on a dedicated server.  For the company to put forth an event like this they adjust the main menu screen, they have media articles to design and release, they have a patch to redistribute across their network, they have graphics to design.  You think all of that doesn't take time away from fixing issues?  In addition, you seem to miss the point where I talk about how they're focused on absolutely stupid bugs (like bee speed) instead of game-breaking bugs.  Their bug system has no organization because they don't really HAVE a proper bug system.

19 minutes ago, Percieval said:

First of all, Steam put it up there because GS labelled it. Because of the early access people can get their game refunded after the 2h period, so all it does is a disadvantage for Steam. As for the focussing goes; All they have prioritized this week is the connection/server problems, those were huge. What else did you want them to have prioritized? 

Seems like you’re the one being miles away from a correct statement, 

Ok, your ignorance is staggering... 

You do realize that the 2h/14d refund process is for ANY game on Steam, right?  It's not just for the EA games, in fact it's not even designed around the EA games because EA games can get patched and updated regularly which leaves players HOPING that the problem will be fixed.  2h is hardly enough time for that process.  I'm up to 15 hours just troubleshooting all the patches GS released PRIOR to Christmas. 

EA games are more responsible for people being over that 2h limit than non-EA games.  Take No Man Sky for example, which wasn't an Early Access release.  Within the first 24 hours there was a staggering amount of refunds because the game was launched as a finished product.  There was no EA umbrella for the company to cower under like a bunch of chickens.  People weren't willing to wait for patches on the released product, like they do with EA releases.  EA is designed to suck people in and get them past that 2h refund limit.

Oh, and the fact that GS labeled it as EA is for that very reason...  Again, don't make them out to be saints.  The loopholes are on their side in EA.  This game wouldn't survive one second if it actually had to make it to a proper release.  If they took this game, in it's current form, to a distributor to seek out financial backing, like companies had to do before EA/Kickstarter, they would have been laughed right out of the building.

In fact, with 7 MILLION units sold (not including DLC), the proceeds from ARK alone should have been able  to fully develop this game.  There should have been no need for EA, aside from a legal safety-net, if this company is being run properly.

Edited by JodianGaming

16 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

Ok, your ignorance is staggering... 

You do realize that the 2h/14d refund process is for ANY game on Steam, right?  It's not just for the EA games, in fact it's not even designed around the EA games because EA games can get patched and updated regularly which leaves players HOPING that the problem will be fixed.  2h is hardly enough time for that process.  I'm up to 15 hours just troubleshooting all the patches GS released PRIOR to Christmas. 

EA games are more responsible for people being over that 2h limit than non-EA games.  Take No Man Sky for example, which wasn't an Early Access release.  Within the first 24 hours there was a staggering amount of refunds because the game was launched as a finished product.  There was no EA umbrella for the company to cower under like a bunch of chickens.  People weren't willing to wait for patches on the released product, like they do with EA releases.  EA is designed to suck people in and get them past that 2h refund limit.

Oh, and the fact that GS labeled it as EA is for that very reason...  Again, don't make them out to be saints.  The loopholes are on their side in EA.  This game wouldn't survive one second if it actually had to make it to a proper release.

2H for every game, 14D if the game is proved to be ‘non-playable blabla’ so the entire EA labelling is not especially ‘good’ now is it? 

Don’t think this game is designed for it, pure speculation. As far as I’m concerned there are many factors that showed this game is EA labelled because of the things stated above. I don’t make them out as Saints, you try to make people believe these speculations are true. The first vid was a bit of a laugh, but that’s my opinion. 

Edited by Percieval

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

2H for every game, 14D if the game is proved to be ‘non-playable blabla’ so the entire EA labelling is not especially ‘good’ now is it? 

Don’t think this game is designed for it, pure speculation. As far as I’m concerned there are many factors that showed this game is not EA labelled because of the things stated above. I don’t make them out as Saints, you try to make people believe these speculations are true. The first vid was a bit of a laugh, but that’s my opinion. 

Actually, again you're wrong.  This game is, for many people, 'unplayable'.  Steam is denying refunds based on the 2H time limit, not the 14D purchasing.  So again, check your facts because they're undeniably wrong.

And how can you say "this game is not EA labelled"?  That's a flat-out lie.

Edited by JodianGaming

2 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

Actually, again you're wrong.  This game is, for many people, 'unplayable'.  Steam is denying refunds based on the 2H time limit, not the 14D purchasing.  So again, check your facts before you make yourself look like an idiot.

And how can you say "this game is not EA labelled"?  That's a flat-out lie.

Lol, it is not. There are numerous people getting refunded after way more hours than 2. 

It is labelled, typing mistake.

Edited by Percieval

Just now, Percieval said:

Lol, it is not. There are numerous people getting refunded after way more hours than 2. 

Spoken out of ignorance...  I'm more than 2 hours, have never played the game, and my refund was denied because of "PLAY TIME".

Please, until you have actual facts, don't bother replying here.

1 minute ago, JodianGaming said:

Spoken out of ignorance...  I'm more than 2 hours, have never played the game, and my refund was denied because of "PLAY TIME".

Please, until you have actual facts, don't bother replying here.

Read the forums, maybe 20 people already stated they got the game refunded after more than 2H’s. There are even streamers out there that had it refunded, off the top of my head’ summit and p4wnyhof. 

It is funny because I told people not to go over thr 2H limit because or the no refund, but I got told you can get it refunded past that, so I changed my statement about it.

Edited by Percieval

Just now, Percieval said:

Read the forums, maybe 20 people already stated they got the game refunded after more than 2H’s. There are even streamers out there that had it refunded, off the top of my head’ summit and p4wnyhof. 

Guess what?  I'm a streamer with 15 hours and didn't get a refund... So you're talking out your ass.

1 minute ago, JodianGaming said:

Good!  Just because a couple people got refunded doesn't mean everyone is able to...  Jackass.

I’m sorry, “numerous’ does not mean ‘everyone’ in my country. Calling people out, how old are you? 

Good luck with all your other adventures, it’s a treat having you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Hope you get your end fixed soon.

Problem isn't on my end, as I've already shown and proven.  I hope they fix THEIR shit soon.

Just now, JodianGaming said:

Problem isn't on my end, as I've already shown and proven.  I hope they fix THEIR shit soon.

Thats what I said. Hope you get your end fix soon. As I proved in my post

3 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

I am logged in and playing right now. Games awesome. Hope you get your end fixed soon.

I am logged in right now and playing. Seems kinda odd it would be on their end except... for all the people logged in and playing right now.

1 minute ago, wakko151 said:

Thats what I said. Hope you get your end fix soon. As I proved in my post

I am logged in right now and playing. Seems kinda odd it would be on their end except... for all the people logged in and playing right now.

Seems odd it would be on their end?  How so...  You don't think they can screw up routing tables so some people can connect while others can't?  Got news for you... That's ALL on their end.

Again, ignorance is due to the fact you don't have a problem connecting.  If you did, and went through the troubleshooting I have, you'd know the problem isn't possibly on my end.

Edited by JodianGaming