TrevorJD

Taming technique teaches animal cruelty / Stockholm Syndrome

As I understand it, the current taming system involves repeatedly beating an animal to within an inch of its life then feeding it back up to health, rinse/repeat. This sounds a lot like organised religion or an abusive spouse.

"Jenny, open the door and I'll save you."

"Save me from what?"

"Save you from what I'll do to you if you don't open the door."

Seriously, is this the message we want to send to young people? That animal cruelty is a desirable thing? Surely there's a better mechanic? An acceptable means to an end? At least in Ark and DnL we're using "humane" tranqs, not violence.

Also, reality-check: Bolas don't magically expire. Once tangled, a trapper will secure their quarry firmly. And bolas work just fine on healthy animals. Please find a better way to add challenge.

Bro it's a video game about piracy with hangings and murder in it.. and your take away... is animal cruelty and the lesson it teaches kids ? How about you be a parent and dont let your kids play it stop politicizing games and catering them to kids and the lowest common denominator of sensitivity, Eh?

Also on ark we used bear traps and the same temporary bolas in conjunction with shooting 3 ft arrows coated in narcotics into the creatures face then shoved its preferred food up its butt until it ate enough to love us forever, or until the next guys with some c4 and a pachy decided it doesn't deserve to live anymore.. 

• Like 1