Sign in to follow this  
Larkdog

Starter Island Question

10 hours ago, Larkdog said:

How do you change which islands are available to spawn on in the island editor?

Someone can quote me if I am wrong, but I am sure that the islands listed below are spawnable islands (Freeports), according to CPJet64

Cay_H_WR_E
Cay_K_TR_E
Cay_J_EE_E
Mnt_A_WU_E
Mnt_F_ET_E
Mnt_J_WT_E
Mnt_L_CH_E
Mnt_O_CL

Edited by Wartai

Thank you WartaI, I had modified in grid editor I had the Cay_K_TR_E islands but shuffled them around i could only spawn on the map Island and it wasn't those. I tried editing the spawn locations but it was only the names I seen in the editor not island position. I will retry with the information you had provided.

We have a 2x2 cluster, and since we don't have to worry about 10,000 players overwhelming an island I wanted to go down to a single starter island.  In order to do that, I did a little more digging into the JSON file for the grid directly, and I was able to find how the starter islands are identified.  

In the JSON file you'll see this:

"spawnRegions": [
        {
          "name": "North"
        },
        {
          "name": "East"
        },
        {
          "name": "South"
        },
        {
          "name": "West"
        }

These are your spawn points in order, starting with 0, so North = 0, East = 1, etc.  

In the starter grid, you'll see the variable spawnPointRegionOverride.  All non-starter islands are given a value of -1, but starter islands can be given a value of 0, 1, 2, or 3 corresponding to each of the directions.  Therefore, if you set the variable to 3, that island will be your south region spawn point.

On my server, since we just have a single spawn island, I deleted East, South, and West from the JSON file, and I gave my starter island a spawnPointRegionOverride of 0.  Players now only have the choice to spawn in the north region on my single starter island, which is exactly what I wanted.