bomkata

simple land claim fix

here is an EZ fix to land claim issues 3 to 4 flags per company or make it that the decay rate of the claim is 2x to 4x faster if no one in the company is in the server. finding land to build on if you were not one of the lucky ones to get out to sea early is  really hard

I don't agree. That's too few claims. Why should a ten person company be restricted to the same number of claims as a solo player? And that is definitely not enough claims for a 40 person company spread across three islands.

Only the land rush needs to be fixed, the first 5-7 days in a server. The ability to contest claims in abandoned land takes care of the rest, if players can be patient through the three day wait. Spamming claims died down naturally once an actual base gets started on.

3 hours ago, Ankhwearer said:

I don't agree. That's too few claims. Why should a ten person company be restricted to the same number of claims as a solo player? And that is definitely not enough claims for a 40 person company spread across three islands.

Only the land rush needs to be fixed, the first 5-7 days in a server. The ability to contest claims in abandoned land takes care of the rest, if players can be patient through the three day wait. Spamming claims died down naturally once an actual base gets started on.

That's provably wrong. There are companies that are taking over entire servers and now with the claim bug they're spamming even more to steal what they don't already have. These companies will never stop taking land just so they rule the island or server if the claims aren't limited. I'm sitting in my hut unable to explore or build because if I leave on my sloop, I get blocked by ghost ships while also having to port back to my claim to stop the next lemming trying to drop a flag on a claim I was just running around today.  I don't care how big a company is, they don't get an entire server to themselves nor are they entitled to grief players that dare to find a spot before they did. These are people that can't hack actual PvP so they find ways to ruin the game for others rather than play PvE. 

2 hours ago, Lonster said:

That's provably wrong. There are companies that are taking over entire servers and now with the claim bug they're spamming even more to steal what they don't already have. These companies will never stop taking land just so they rule the island or server if the claims aren't limited. I'm sitting in my hut unable to explore or build because if I leave on my sloop, I get blocked by ghost ships while also having to port back to my claim to stop the next lemming trying to drop a flag on a claim I was just running around today.  I don't care how big a company is, they don't get an entire server to themselves nor are they entitled to grief players that dare to find a spot before they did. These are people that can't hack actual PvP so they find ways to ruin the game for others rather than play PvE. 

i assume you are only challenging my last sentence.

They can't defend against decay. This landgrab isn't sustainable. But yes, it's still going on. I didn't say it has stopped yet. Just reduced in number.

And the world map doesn't support your narrative. Most islands are still contested, not one company owned.

The rest of your post is off topic. I agree that the claim challenge system is currently broken. And that the rest you mention suck. But we were discussing the number of claims you should be able to make and whether a company of 40 should have the same number of claims as a solo.

Yep its too hard to find land so you can build a ship and start to explore.

If i can make a ship in freeport its solve the problem. And limit land owning too. One per squad is fine.

And take off that fast travel so if you are go too far your land then someone else can take it.

I know is fun owning land on many island but is it the purpose this game to be on sea?

And devs could  make some regular npc ships not only ghost ones.