Sign in to follow this  
BigDally

Server Setup With Actual Game Map Section

I am reading guides and trying to figure out if it is actually possible to setup a 2x2 that is an exact copy of the official map of that same section.  For example, I would like to make an unofficial map based on the live server's M7,L7,M6 and L6 sectors.  This would give me the starter zone and three other zones.  The only change I want to make is for the Lawless zones to be standard zones (i.e. can claim on them).  Is this possible?  The reason I want to do it this way is that I would like to be able to expand the map at a later point and use the actual adjacent/official sectors to mirror more parts of the official game map.  I keep seeing guides based around templates, so I am not sure if you HAVE to use a template or if you can just point to sections of the official map?

17 minutes ago, BigDally said:

I am reading guides and trying to figure out if it is actually possible to setup a 2x2 that is an exact copy of the official map of that same section.  For example, I would like to make an unofficial map based on the live server's M7,L7,M6 and L6 sectors.  This would give me the starter zone and three other zones.  The only change I want to make is for the Lawless zones to be standard zones (i.e. can claim on them).  Is this possible?  The reason I want to do it this way is that I would like to be able to expand the map at a later point and use the actual adjacent/official sectors to mirror more parts of the official game map.  I keep seeing guides based around templates, so I am not sure if you HAVE to use a template or if you can just point to sections of the official map?

Short answer: Yes.

There’s someone in the atlas server help discord that is attempting to scale the official map down to 3x3 and still have all power stones, boss fight islands, etc from the official.  I’m not entirely sure how he/she is going about it but they are making good progress.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vdubmastertech said:

There’s someone in the atlas server help discord that is attempting to scale the official map down to 3x3 and still have all power stones, boss fight islands, etc from the official.  I’m not entirely sure how he/she is going about it but they are making good progress.

Do you have a invite link for that discord?  Thx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigDally said:

Do you have a invite link for that discord?  Thx

Made an account to ask the same. 

8 minutes ago, vdubmastertech said:

https://discord.gg/Nq72m3K

This is all unofficial and not affiliated with Grapeshot.  But there are some smart people in there digging through everything and trying shit until it works.  Some good guides and info though.

TYVM