Sign in to follow this  
Prowler96

Multi Grid Server Assistance

Hi All,

Just looking for a little assistance or to be pointed in the correct direction so i can figure out what i am doing wrong when trying to setup an Atlas sever with multiple instances that can be travelled between.

This is how far i have got,

I have a fully operational sever which boots correctly and allowed players to join.

The generated map is a 4x4 and all players load into the home region and can play the game just fine.

I have gone into the Server grid file and give all regions my public IP as well as unique Query, Game  and Seamless ports.

I you are playing on the server you can see the boarders are blue which from my knowledge mean your instance can communicate with the others and getting a response.

However when you attempt to transfer it comes up Traveling to A2 as an example then you get connection timeout.

List of all port forwarding i have in place.

All are open for both TCP and UDP i know this in not needed but takes the same amount of time with my equipment to implement so though i could eliminate any issues there.

57560-57594

5760-5794

27000-27037

28000-28008

All instances are on the same physical machine and machine has a static local IP.

Machine is only made from customer grade parts but is running Windows Server 2019.

All Firewall rules have been set to match port forwarding above.

Hardware is 

Intel i7 4770 CPU

32GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM

No GPU

OS in its own Sata SSD all sever files are also on their own 250Gb Sata SSD

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Look up Phoenix125 here on the forum. He has a server manger guide that I currently use to play on a 15x15 map solo. It was a lot of work for me personally. I knew absolutely nothing about servers, IP addresses, port forwarding, etc. But it works perfectly for me. I can travel between grids just fine. I DO, however, try not to jinx/overload it. I cut sails right as I'm about to cross over. I don't tab out, move or try to open menu/inventory until everything seems to have populated and things are running smoothly.

Hope this helps, m8y.