Sign in to follow this  
Mctoozle

Another patch ... maybe its gonna fix this laggy game... nope

Again, the problem with this game is that it's trying to be an MMO, but the servers can barely handle a base per island. The lag has always been the biggest issue with this game and the devs are just pretending its nothing to worry about. I doubt one of these devs actually plays on the official servers.

Adding in stuff like "trade routes" to a game that needs to go to smaller population counts seems idiotic. It's like they are trying to take the action away from island/base fights to trade-towers, but all this will do is cause even more crap for a server to worry about and make it confusing whether players should be defending some trade-point(s) or their laggy base...

The thing is how does this system work? Do Players have to sit on this islands to wait until some enemy shows up? Do Players have to circle around their ships the hole day to visit the towers frequently? Do Players/copmpanys get some generic message when an fort gets attacked? Or do Players just have to bed jump all their towers every ten minutes? Maybe the official PvP Servers are that low populated now again that you can figure out who is joining a server and if it's all friends or if there are enemys. I mean there is nothing to do on this fort islands if it belongs to you than collecting taxes out of that bank. To destroy this towers will be the very fun for each PvP Player - NOT. As mentioned in some other threads players already think about how they can abuse the trade route system to transfer their valuable stuff safely. The map is not updated and you can't see this new islands on the map.

Well a lot of issues with the PvP game is that Players see this tag as hardcore killing and destroy mode. There is no RP thoughts. A Player could drive his ship next to others and ask for surrender... nope... first shot and than dive the stuff.... if it's not dropped^^. In 200 days on PvP server i was only one times asked from enemy to make a 2 vs 2 brig fight(Thx to La Flotta). They waited until we got our ships out and we had 45 minutes fun ending in my loss that time... one ship sunk and the other one barrely escaped into the harbor again. They went to freeport as their ships were close to sink too. Some hours later their alliance showed 1up and asked for Galleon fight(they get told that we do actually headson fight) or we destroy your harbor shooting already on the gates and parked ships. They had 4 Galleons and we 0... so they were even pissed because we don't fight with them a fight that never would be fair. I think the dev can't do much about this toxic Players but they can of course build a good basic gameplay rules that encourage peaople away from kill and destroy.

Well we will see if the trade routes will be open to get the tax or if some decide to close it. I think the most will be open as this is more beneficial besides getting more lag maybe. Good thing the devs think about a limit on rendered ships to avoid that other companies could log down a server with spamming.