Sign in to follow this  
PEGLEGKILLAZARD

pve language Barriers

The game needs an auto translator now that the PVE server is all combined the barrier of language is becoming an issue when you own an island and someone from an EU country is building on your company island. and are unable to understand what it is your saying this is why completely combining the two ultimately does not work and destroys a game i have seen it multiple times in my 25+ years of gaming on computers

Alt tab and use Google.translate.com

Ive had several conversations in other languages with relatively few issues.

Its not hard, but does require some effort (god forbid)

I have another problem. Game do not see any Chinese/Korean/Japanese language. It shows just ◘◘◘◘◘ instead of text. But strangely I don't see any cyrillic in game. It shows ???????? instead of text. This is weird, because I'm from Russia and Russian language installed on my computer, I've got Russian localisation of Windows-10, etc. When I returned to Atlas I installed the game and it automatically switched on Russian language. After I launched the game I saw... well...

bonlPEE.jpg

Bx8awML.jpg

@George Catcher

This has to do with loading the localization files. If you google how to do that for ark, the steps should be the same.

Unfortunately, I havent done this so do not know anymore details than that, but hope it points you in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, Gindorf said:

Alt tab and use Google.translate.com

Ive had several conversations in other languages with relatively few issues.

Its not hard, but does require some effort (god forbid)

Same, I'm forever talking to Spanish, Swedes, Germans, Finnish, French, and even some Russykie 😛 But not on PvE, PvP.

I hate having to use Google Translate all the time as it slows the convo right down and stops me doing whatever I'm doing just to have a chat (I'm on xbox too so I can't copy paste the translation back in 😛 ). I noticed last season and before that there were more English speakers, but seems to be a lot less so far this season. I'd love the game to have an auto translate feature - I can't see it being too hard to implement to be honest, there are more than a few shareware translators that would probably lend themselves to working with Atlas/Ark.

On the flip side we stuck our farms up straight away and now we don't have to harvest ahaha, more time chatting 😛