Sign in to follow this  
DaringClarky

Store 1 ship at freeport with the ship builder.

I get that its a persistent world and to be honest if my base gets raided, its something i need to accept. I certainly would raid too if the situation was reversed.

Its the whole starting over from nothing thats a bit rough and still, i get it...

What my suggestion is, is quite small but effective i think.

You can entrust one ship to the npc who sells you ramshackle sloops.

It costs gold each time you do so  and you put gold in his inventory and it periodically trickles down per day.  once you do the ship store the ship it disappears from the game and makes it  safe. However once the money runs out he dumps it on the dock as if it was spawned and lets freeport decay do its work.

You cannot however store valuable loot and stuff in there.

Only necessary stuff like food, ammo and tools.

So you cannot hide your gold of legendary blueprints etc.

Your tames cannot be stored either.

It means you still need friends or a well hidden base to keep your valuables.

But when you lose everything you dont need to raft it out of freeport, you can just grab your painted and cannon laden ship and go about your business.

Just make sure you dont lose your last ship as its literally the only thing you have left.

So when you have been offline raided, your ship is sunk etc its like having a backup ship, a one you hope never needs to be used but a one that can get you back into it without the long long grind.

Solos would likely take their ship out and store it inside there for safe keeping.

However having only the bare basics, its not a life they will be content with for long. Eventually they will want to get more..but at least they can do a bit honest pirating and build up a for a future offline raider.

And you have a second chance as it were without being too OP.