Sign in to follow this  
marmz

Can you drink sea water or do you need to drink from a river?

Anyone know if you can drink sea water off the beach, similar to Ark Survival Evolved?

I haven't been able to play for longer than 5 minutes before the servers went down, so wasn't able to confirm.

Just now, marmz said:

Anyone know if you can drink sea water off the beach, similar to Ark Survival Evolved?

I haven't been able to play for longer than 5 minutes before the servers went down, so wasn't able to confirm.

You can't drink sea water AFAIK

Can you prepare the sea water in a campfire or the like to remove the salt, or do you need to source a fresh water source and store it?

Just now, marmz said:

Can you prepare the sea water in a campfire or the like to remove the salt, or do you need to source a fresh water source and store it?

All that I saw on a stream was that you weren't able to drink sea water and you could drink water from a river. I know there is something that you can build for the ship to hold water. I'm unsure if you can prepare sea water to make it drinkable though.

• Like 1

Just now, marmz said:

Thanks Joe!

I guess making a waterskin early will be a good idea.

No problem! I'm planning on doing the same. 😛

Enjoy playing!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CtrlSaltDel said:

If you lay prone in brush with nothing in your hand, you can dig for fresh water. Good luck!

I did not know that! Thanks!

Do you collect the water this way, or is it a way to drink and replenish on the run?

• Like 1

Just now, marmz said:

I did not know that! Thanks!

Do you collect the water this way, or is it a way to drink and replenish on the run?

I believe it's just something for on the run, but don't quote me on that. At least it's something to help if you can't find a river or some other fresh water nearby!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CtrlSaltDel said:

I believe it's just something for on the run, but don't quote me on that. At least it's something to help if you can't find a river or some other fresh water nearby!

Very handy indeed!

I guess for the first voyage off tutorial island, we will need to bring some waterskins with us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marmz said:

Very handy indeed!

I guess for the first voyage off tutorial island, we will need to bring some waterskins with us.

Yes! Make sure for your first trip to bring enough water,  food (with different vitamins), as well as a bed. The bed will let you spawn at other islands once you have it down at that island.