overpair

Steam Problem

Hi Guys not sure where to post (cant post in steam forum due to a different problem)

I have been playing for 44 hours on single player with no problems then tonight my pc suddenly shut down due to high CPU temp which may just be a one off,however i turned pc off for an hour and all seemed fine i logged in no problem but after 20 mins i suddenly jump to windows screen and the game no longer exists ??? when i click on desktop icon it says i have to install game but i dont have 120 gig free (my hdd is still full)- its as if its still on hard drive.i cant verify cache etc in steam due to it not showing as installed.

Is there anyone with similar issue that could help.

All help much appreciated

Edited by overpair

6 hours ago, overpair said:

Hi Guys not sure where to post (cant post in steam forum due to a different problem)

I have been playing for 44 hours on single player with no problems then tonight my pc suddenly shut down due to high CPU temp which may just be a one off,however i turned pc off for an hour and all seemed fine i logged in no problem but after 20 mins i suddenly jump to windows screen and the game no longer exists ??? when i click on desktop icon it says i have to install game but i dont have 120 gig free (my hdd is still full)- its as if its still on hard drive.i cant verify cache etc in steam due to it not showing as installed.

Is there anyone with similar issue that could help.

All help much appreciated

thats a signal!! you pc is warning you!! listen to it!!

now seriously, i will just go full standar and tell you to uninstall and reinstall, havent heard of cases like yours at all.

Edited by The D Legacy

Yeh I had this issue with atlas in the summer this year, It was the only game doing it at first and then conan exiles did it too. I bought a new power supply cos I thought it might be that ,but then it stopped after an update, just before I fitted the new power pack. One thing I did notice though in task manager was that windows was doubling up all my games at the time they booted and my pc was struggling to run them. I've since come to the conclusion that this is a windows issue.