deadscvm

Ghost ships are extremely overpowered and gamebreaking

Was on my second sloop after my first one got one shotted by a lvl 2 manta ray. Sailing through D5 and made it to an island, dodging about 5 or 6 ghost ships on the way. Went to head south to D6 and theres 3 ghost ships all in the same place. I start going around them and a storm pops up, next thing you know 2 ghost ships come flying through a water spout shooting at me and I cant do jack shit because I'm in a sloop. This is such a quick and easy way to get wiped and seems a little excessive as I was in full wind and could not outrun them. Now I have no ship and no resources once again after playing nonstop since release.

834910_20181227162814_1.png

• Sad 2

It doesn't feel like ghost ships should be able to run down sloops; sloops should be fast, given they are basically unarmed and extremely small and light. Fast transport/scouts.

But no, the Damned apparently run on hate and gasoline and can chase down anything, sans wind.

• Like 1

we just watched ships of the damned take out every drydock and ship of everyone offline except for the rafts now there is a ton of loot from the offline galleon and 3 sloops ... this is bullshit, I would be furious if I came back and my Galleon was destroyed because I was not online when they attacked ... I do have a real life too.

My travel since the release of the game was the following:

C8 > C9 > C10 > D10 > D9 = No Ghost Ships.

After the last update:

D9 from ONE island to the CLOSEST ONE = 4 Ghost Ships and ALL RESOURCES LOST. 

WHO IS THE DEV THAT INSTEAD OF INCREASE THE RESPAWN OF GHOST SHIPS IN DECIMALS INCREASED IT IN TENS?

• Sad 1

Yes. Ghosts is true cancer now. Worst thing that they crash shipyards of offline players. 

Looks like sea now is even more salty...

unknown.png

• Confused 1

I think they need to turn off the ships for now and let us figure out the other bugs, give our reports, and work on figuring out how to use those ships. they are too much for EVERYONE right now. especially after they changed the skill trees. kill our ability to spec into enough stuff to defend ourselves, and now make it impossible to island hop with the ships popping up around you in droves. are they borg? wtf. turn them off, work on other things first.they are killing the main function of the game by having them in! sailing is really fun and I enjoy it, but I can't. I'm currently stuck away from home now because of this guy too. 

20181228013243_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Agreed we just lost a brigantine we built post fix to a zerg of level 10 ghost ships we  didn't stand a chance 

• Sad 1

The problem is that you cant even escape on fast ship. Hi lvl ghosts should be slower. Now they are like torpedos 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NitramDJ said:

WHO IS THE DEV THAT INSTEAD OF INCREASE THE RESPAWN OF GHOST SHIPS IN DECIMALS INCREASED IT IN TENS?

LOL guy probably thought it was % when they went and put it "20" yet it meant 20x

• Like 1