Sign in to follow this  
NeedSmokes

Xbox player questions

Hello,  I have noticed that we are expecting this game to come over to console from Oct 8th.. Which is great news, as this is a title I have often kept an eye on and followed..

My question is,  will I be able to play this game using a standard Xbox one controller? Or is it only supported with the use of M&K.

Which then brings me to another question.. If controller is supported, (which the majority of console players would use) how do you see the parity between platforms working well with crossplay?

Will it be an optional choice to go into  crossplay servers against M&K, or will it just be all out crossplay? I ask this because whilst crossplay is a great thing, the lack of parity between controller and K&M during PVP on crossplay games is shocking. And quite frankly, something I never want to experience ever again.

Yes, buy an M&K is the usual response.. But please remember, most of us on consoles are sat on a sofa, and balancing M&K's on our laps is not practical. 

In the last patch notes it speaks of having full Gamepad support. Even on the PC version we have the ability now to map all the keys/commands to a controller in the settings. 

Here's the quote: 

"

Current ATLAS Official Server Network Server Version: v315.11

UPCOMING PATCH NOTES 

PLEASE NOTE THESE PATCH NOTES ARE NOT FINALIZED AND THERE MAY BE CHANGES PRIOR TO THE FULL RELEASE ON THE LIVE SERVERS.

MORE NOTES TO COME!

RELEASED PATCH NOTES 

CURRENT: V315.11 

v315.11

Main Additions/Content

Xbox Crossplay now supported (coming to Xbox on the 8th of October: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/atlas-news/news/captain’s-log-37-atlas-arrives-on-xbox-with-steam-pc-crossplay-r213/)

- New world map with improved biome layout (and a new biome type)
- Over 70 new core island templates, and many polish improvements to existing islands
- Over 20 new cosmetics and sail cosmetics
- Improved client and server performance
- Full Gamepad support (***************************************************************************************)
- "Wild Pirate Camps" option for singleplayer and non-dedicated sessions (enabled by default): take over each island across the ATLAS by attacking and claiming procedural enemy pirate camps, guarded by cannons, pirates wielding all sorts of weapons, and even powerful pirate ships!
- New Multi-shot Hydra Pistol
- Cats (with hats!)

Edited by Tavmac
source
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NeedSmokes said:

Hello,  I have noticed that we are expecting this game to come over to console from Oct 8th.. Which is great news, as this is a title I have often kept an eye on and followed..

My question is,  will I be able to play this game using a standard Xbox one controller? Or is it only supported with the use of M&K.

Which then brings me to another question.. If controller is supported, (which the majority of console players would use) how do you see the parity between platforms working well with crossplay?

Will it be an optional choice to go into  crossplay servers against M&K, or will it just be all out crossplay? I ask this because whilst crossplay is a great thing, the lack of parity between controller and K&M during PVP on crossplay games is shocking. And quite frankly, something I never want to experience ever again.

Yes, buy an M&K is the usual response.. But please remember, most of us on consoles are sat on a sofa, and balancing M&K's on our laps is not practical. 

Hello and welcome to the forums. 

To answer one of your questions, all official gameworlds will be crossplay. Each Atlas gameworld is a grid of over 200 interconnected servers. Currently only 4 exist, one each for NA and EU regions with pve or pvp game modes. Given the size and cost of maintaining each game world it’s currently unlikely GrapeCard would launch additional game worlds and they have started those 4 will be crossplay.

Its pricy, but an ergonomic option for M&K on the sofa does exist.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1BK-00UA-00001?Description=Couch gaming&cm_re=Couch_gaming-_-1BK-00UA-00001-_-Product

Judt thought I would throw that in since you mentioned the impracticality of M&K on sofa otherwise, with which I would agree.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, and yes, that link you supplied, whilst a little pricey is helpful. As Microsoft have recently encouraged many developers to also add a M&K option to many games on console, this sort of thing might be worth investing in.. 

Really looking forward to this game coming to Xbox. 

See you on the seas!!

17 minutes ago, NeedSmokes said:

Thank you, and yes, that link you supplied, whilst a little pricey is helpful. As Microsoft have recently encouraged many developers to also add a M&K option to many games on console, this sort of thing might be worth investing in.. 

Really looking forward to this game coming to Xbox. 

See you on the seas!!

I’m thinking about it too, having recently invested in a sofa with power and USB ports built in.

• Like 1

I play on pc with 360 controller, but I use the mouse in the inventory cos it's a lot quicker. I don't use key mapping either it plays fine just in Atlas as it is. Sailing with too many npc's is the only thing I find a bit taxing with it, but it does work.

Edited by Whitehawk
  • Like 1