Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Please do something to address the Meta Gaming.

First, get rid of the size modifications.  Tired of the Meta PvP where everyone runs around with a midget character.

Having to set graphics to the crappiest settings, just to compete.  No.  Really tired of that.  How about this.  Have a server for those with potatoes that does not allow high graphics settings, and one for those with good PCs, that forces high settings.

Finally, really tired of the no skin in the game approach.  The Meta players that go out to patrol with nothing on them.  It would be great to make the game such that this just isn't a wise choice.  So, you go out with armor, weapons, and a few foraging tools, and you run into three guys with nothing but a single weapon.  Usually not an overly great weapon.  They watched, and waited until you are full of material, and stamina is down some..advantage them.  Smart game play, but simply shows a weakness in the game mechanics.  In real life, you aren't going to want to fight a man in full armor, when you have nothing on.

The game should simply make you have some skin in the game to have a chance of winning.  IMHO

• Like 1

Which is a problem.  Risk vs reward doesn't excuse making bad games.  If the game isn't going to encourage making the good stuff, then why make it.  The problem when this is the case, the armor isn't protecting enough.  Ask yourself if you would try to fight somebody in full armor, when you have none.  Would you really want to have a weaker weapon in that fight?   NO.  Even if you have numbers on your side, no you aren't going to do that.  With no armor on, one good hit of a sword and you are done.

I will likely just put my time into Star Citizen.  At least there, there is a time to kill difference with heavy armor, vs light, or no armor.  You don't want to go against somebody with a better weapon, and heavy armor, while you are in just a flight suit.

Ask yourself this also, what was the crappiest part of ARK?  Offline raids.  It isn't hard.  Just a process, that thanks to steamers and YouTube creators, everybody knew.  Soak the turrets...not hard.  Or, beer and shields and C4.  Not hard.

A really good survival game is going to allow harder structures, where the only thing you are going to waste time on, would be knocking down the door.  Even better, just killing people as you find them in the open.  Look at the ugly bases in PvP compared to the beautiful bases on PvE...especially modded, such as with the CKF mod.  Why wouldn't anyone create cool structures on PvP?  Because what's the point.  Structures are way too easy to destroy.  As one guy in an article wrote...this is the same played out mistake over and over in survival games.  Too hard to build and to too destroy.

So while we are on this...I can assure you that this Brigantine we have built, is far cooler than any ARK PvP base I built.  I am not going to be OK with it being easily stolen or destroyed.  Takes way too much effort to make it.  Not sure I will bother building another one if this one goes down too easy.  I like the LTI (Lifetime Insurance) I have on my Star Citizen ships.  The game will be about exploring, fighting, etc...not constantly reacquiring my ships.