Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Know what I need..

A cargo rack retrieval device on my dock.. drop from ship.. pick up at dock.. unload..

No spending 20 mins edging in, hitting shit, bouncing around, scraping off the shallows. 

Simple, straight forward. Easy. As pie.

• Like 1

We have crew mounted winch on the lift, how about crew mounted winch on a dock crane. If we're going that far out there, how about docks to attach it to.

• Like 2

What I was thinking, we have the notes we can make, how about some basic scripts, that you write into the notes.. which instruct the crewman to pickup/drop off items, open/close doors or levers at specific times.  ie Automation.

You think stick the scripted note onto a crewman, stick the crewman onto a lever.. and then you sail away, get your stuff, come back, the crewmen unloads it from your cargo racks into shore base storage, you can then either move it to other manual storage or maybe a crewman on a horse/cargo hauler loads it from local dock storage into horse, hauls it to your smithy storage and unloads it etc.

I've seen simple $5 games with basic scripts running like this as part of the main gameplay.. it would ease the grind burden in atlas/ark etc and would give players a new dimension on the gameplay.  Esp on the grinder side.

You should also be able to instruct a crewmen to switch the lights on at 8pm and off at 6am everyday, instead of having to whistle them to open/close the switch.

Edited by Martyn