Sign in to follow this  
Peggy Threelegs

Review in current state.

Hi there Devs and other seafarers

This is my opinionated review, discarding the shaky launch of the game in it's current state as of 7.0

Sitting at roughly 60 hours played, I want to applaud the devs for their extraordinary commitment to the game, and the pace at which changes currently are rolling out. 

The game looks stunning, and runs really well now that the rubberbanding has been dealt with, and the game itself is alot of fun, albeit frustrating at points, for reasons I'll come to. 

The good

-Rubberbanding gone

-Sense of progression is great, even better now that with the increased skill-point cost, you feel like you're working towards something, rather than unlocking 2 skills per level. 

-Stunning graphics, and amazing work with the updated character-models. 

-Loving the wind physics out at sea. 

-Difficulty is almost where it should be at. (will be expanded on later)

-Developer activity

-The equilibrium buff is great, encouraging people to balance their diet even further. 

The less good

-Assuming rafts are counted as foundations, having alot of rafts at a shore, as well as people leaving their shipyards behind, some islands are impossible to spawn at (example: Ponoto islad O6)

-Developer interaction with the players on discord etc might seem a bit lax. chat is just running rampant, without any input from developers that is noted, other than the stream of patch notes.

-Territory-claiming on some zones have gotten out of hand on pvp servers, can't speak for pve. 

-Sometimes when trying to jump onto someone elses raft, which contains a craftingbench of some kind, launches me into the air and then has me fall to my death on said raft. 

-No respawn beds on lawless islands. Makes it hard to reach islands like ponoto, where adjacent islands lack enough resources to even build a raft. 

-Gun damage point blank seems a bit excessive. could be toned down slightly. 

-Predator-creatures not attacking eachother, has lead to overpopulation of predators on alot of islands, making their inhospitality too difficult to get around. 

-Wild pig damage on the low-side. 

-A full wipe would be nothing but fair for everyone atm

With these notes I will leave my opinions to the developers, and want to again thank you for your fantastic work so far, amongst others keeping your vacation short, to abide to the players demands. 

With kind regards

Peggy Threelegs