Sign in to follow this  
BaldursThones

The claiming land issue and how to address it

I've spent 10 hours looking for an island. There are none. I tried taking a claim from different people three times, died cause ive been at sea for 10 hours and have no loot. Really, the only way to claim any land is to go into a lawless region and grind for a long time, But wouldn't you rather have your island to grind on?

The problem the game is facing is the fact that there is simply to many players to house all the islands. There are 800 island, and 40,000 players. That is 50 players per island. Those 800 islands include free ports, lawless zones, and small islands. So there is simply not enough room for everyone. All those 40,000 players want there own island to live on with their company or by themselves. But that is simply not possible because of the shear amount of people.

So the only two solutions are to:

1)Expand the map

2)Decrease the server size of players

Although the map is already big enough  so I don't think it needs to expand.

I would rather if ATLAS took option 2. I think that they should split the server in half. So there are two servers of 20,000 people in each. Which would still be 25 people per island but it would still be an improvement. They could go further and make it 10,000 players per server which would allow 12 people per island. That may be to far though because most server capacities are at half. 

Really ATLAS needs to fix claiming. Its annoying for people like me who have sailed everywhere and found nothing. 10 hours wasted because there is just to many people and no ability to expand without claiming an island. Most people want to have there own island and expand to make a huge base because that is what is fun about survival based games. If they don't fix this most new players will just quit after 4 hours and never play again. Just because of the shear fact that they couldn't play properly or in a fun way.

I wouldnt mind sharing an island with other companies but people are being greedy and want whole islands for themselves. Seems that makes this game only have proper support for 700 or 800 companies? Ive tried just anchoring near islands to get a start but the crocs and snakes swim out to sea and get me before i can even get close enough to drop an anchor. (seriously, rattlesnakes in the ocean)