Sign in to follow this  
FreakNasty

wish for a game without hack

i wish there was a game without people hacking duping wish for a real based player game that plays for reals

i wish ALL HACKERS IN REAL LIFE WUD JUST QUIT PLAYING BC UR ALL PATHETIC

• Like 2

Totally agree but as long as humans are humans and they find a way there will always be someone who cheats hacks or just generally acts like a dick to everyone this is just the world we live in

We need lag bans and also hardware bans. Every graphics card has a digital serial number ban the serial number and the cheater will have to buy a new graphics card to play again.

22 minutes ago, trik said:

We need lag bans and also hardware bans. Every graphics card has a digital serial number ban the serial number and the cheater will have to buy a new graphics card to play again.

HWID bans wouldn’t fix anything. Hardware bans use the MAC address which is hard encoded into your network card and there are programs that can "spoof" or fake it and network cards are pretty inexpensive. There are also the bans that can be issued referencing the Unique ID of hardware such as a GPU like you mentioned, but these IDs are looked at and checked by a routine in a program. May sound promising to some, but hackers can easily write software that hooks into the software routine that checks the hardware ID, and make that routine report back whatever hardware ID they want it to. Hardware and IP bans have been useless since before the births of all these 12 year old hackers.

3 minutes ago, Venerate said:

HWID bans wouldn’t fix anything. Hardware bans use the MAC address which is hard encoded into your network card and there are programs that can "spoof" or fake it and network cards are pretty inexpensive. There are also the bans that can be issued referencing the Unique ID of hardware such as a GPU like you mentioned, but these IDs are looked at and checked by a routine in a program. May sound promising to some, but hackers can easily write software that hooks into the software routine that checks the hardware ID, and make that routine report back whatever hardware ID they want it to. Hardware and IP bans have been useless since before the births of all these 12 year old hackers.

Right, any kind of anti cheat can be worked around however, even if a 10% reduction in cheaters was accomplished it is worth it to try. You can never fully win but you can make it harder and harder.

Edited by trik

1 hour ago, FreakNasty said:

i wish there was a game without people hacking duping wish for a real based player game that plays for reals

i wish ALL HACKERS IN REAL LIFE WUD JUST QUIT PLAYING BC UR ALL PATHETIC

I've been wishing this since Counterstrike first came out. For the past two years I've been playing Ark on xbox via the "play anywhere" feature using Windows 10. Doesn't even require an xbox to play. Absolutely zero hackers and it's so much fun. Can't wait for this to go live on xbox, but the experience will help before I do. 

• Like 1