Savetti

The Ultimate Suggestion

First off, let me start by saying I truly love the concept of the game. I really, really want this game to be all that it can be and live up to what it advertised itself as; " The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale ". That would truly be amazing and so much fun. However, it's not... but the potential is there. You have something truly amazing with this concept that hasn't been touched correctly. You pretty much had zero marketing, yet hundreds of thousands of players wanted to play your game seemingly overnight, only to be disappointed in the majority upon Early Access Release. 

Initially, I was going to make this post a massive list of all the suggestions that can help improve this game, but there have already been so many posts with excellent suggestions that can really turn this ship-wreck around, that I feel it would be redundant. Please read them.. Please implement them if you want this game to be fun for the Pathfinders and for Atlas to become a true success. If the developers do not, it will only prove that this game was indeed a cash-grab (which I personally don't think it was). If that's the case, that would just be heartbreaking. There is already too much greed and destruction in the Gaming Industry, we really need someone to look out for the player-base and the games themselves. I get that you are a business, but you are in the business of gaming... Think about that for a minute.

My ultimate suggestion is as follows:

1. Bring all Atlas worlds/servers offline.
  2. Refund every purchase made, that hasn't already been refunded. (I do not mean this in a rude manor as if you ripped us off)
  3. Consider this whole debacle as an Alpha test, which is why all Pathfinders should be refunded; gamers should not have to pay to Alpha test a game, which is exactly what's happening right now. Early Access is essentially Paid Alpha Testing to fund the game, but I personally don't think that's right. I feel it's a rather deceptive term used more and more in the recent years. It needs to stop. If you can't afford to develop a game, don't develop it. This game will pay for itself within a month of launch if you make it a true game (and save your reputation). There are other options to fund a game's development that I will not get into here; it can be done, especially since you have a fairly successful IP under your belt already.
  4. Take all of the suggestions and feedback provided thus far and get back to work developing this game and getting this stuff fixed/changed/implemented. 
  5. Once you feel you have made major improvements based on the current feedback, send invites out to everyone who had purchased the game for a 1-2 week Beta test. (not a public release)
  6. Bring in more suggestions and feedback from the testing.
  7. Depending on how that Beta goes and how the Pathfinders feel about the changes/improvements-
    1. If positive, begin preparations to re-launch this game to start bringing in funds.
    2. If negative, go to step 4.

If you need a persistent Beta, rather than 1-2 weeks here and there, I can guarantee there are a bunch of Pathfinders here that would be 100% willing to help test this game for as long as it takes. To help you as a business, to help the game as a game, and to help themselves learn and experience a game's development while having a genuinely good time. I am one of those testers who would be on board with this. Continuing to test the game with your current method is just going to push more and more Pathfinders away until the game dies. I do not want to see this happen. There are just way too many game-breaking issues for your current method to succeed and game wipes will be needed without a doubt. Early Access players don't dig that, but true Alpha/Beta testers don't mind that one bit.

This post may get washed away from the shores due to all the other posts coming in with the tide, but please do the right thing here, developers. I sincerely feel this is what needs to happen after spending 20 hours in the game of play-time (thus the title). This post is not meant to be mean or sarcastic in any way, so I hope no one takes it like that. I am being sincere here.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to read this!

Have a great new year, everyone!

Denied.

Consider this whole debacle as an Alpha test,  

Early Access is essentially Paid Alpha Testing to fund the game

Every person that bought this game knew it was an Early Access which is exactly what you posted.

IF you believe that EA being Paid Alpha testing is bad. Then you shouldn't have bought it.

the ones of us that trust it will all be worked out and want to be apart of that process bought the game at a reduced rate KNOWING its not going to be perfect and at times unplayable. (Though i haven't had  any issues playing after leaving the Freeport) 

7 minutes ago, Pax said:

Every person that bought this game knew it was an Early Access which is exactly what you posted.

Of course

8 minutes ago, Pax said:

IF you believe that EA being Paid Alpha testing is bad. Then you shouldn't have bought it.

Then how else would i be able to help test the game and provide feedback?

9 minutes ago, Pax said:

the ones of us that trust it will all be worked out and want to be apart of that process bought the game at a reduced rate KNOWING its not going to be perfect and at times unplayable. (Though i haven't had  any issues playing after leaving the Freeport) 

Do you think i didnt know this game wasnt going to be perfect? I was fully aware of what i was getting myself into. 

The game is playable, its not about that. It's also not about refunds. The game at it's core is extremely broken. It needs some serious true testing and development.

No one has to agree with me here. Just my thoughts. If you dont, then maybe i am just way off my rocker, lol.