Sign in to follow this  
rowdy

Clarification of offline ship damage

Can somebody clarify how the offline damage works? I have a sloop parked at an island, but giga crocs killed me and the bad, so I couldn't spawn there anymore.

I decided to just build a new sloop and I parked it on the high sea for 10 hours. When I logged back in the boat was sunk, but I could see the remains of the boat underneath me, and the lockboxes etc. looked intact. I'm not sure if this is because of attrition or other players destroying it? I haven't seen my boat take damage from the sea, but some people said they have experienced the same.

Do boats take damage by sailing the sea for a period of time, and if yes, is it possible to park it somewhere so it will not get destroyed (or raided)?

There is wear and tear damage while boat is at sea. I think there's an issue the the sloop seen alot on forums from people with the same exp on sloop, seems the raft takes less DMG. I went offline at sea on raft for about 24hours maybe a bit less. My raft lost 4k HP from its 10k HP. I put some points in the durability/sturdiness section over weight and crew members from leveling boat up.

You can dock your ship in your own territory and it will take minimal to no damage at least with my raft at least I don't have any other boats. You will know it's docked because you will see an anchor symbal underneath the boats name.

This will not prevent raiding however need a boat with doors you can lock

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hackjob said:

There is wear and tear damage while boat is at sea. I think there's an issue the the sloop seen alot on forums from people with the same exp on sloop, seems the raft takes less DMG. I went offline at sea on raft for about 24hours maybe a bit less. My raft lost 4k HP from its 10k HP. I put some points in the durability/sturdiness section over weight and crew members from leveling boat up.

You can dock your ship in your own territory and it will take minimal to no damage at least with my raft at least I don't have any other boats. You will know it's docked because you will see an anchor symbal underneath the boats name.

Thanks though, a bit hard to dock a ship, when all islands are claimed. Wish they would make it so it wouldn't detoriate so fast or if you are near the boat sleeping or something like that. It's hard to be a drifter.

1 hour ago, Poot Pootington said:

I read somewhere if you drop anchor, the boat heals. If it's just floating, it takes passive damage.

I haven't tested it out yet though.

Okay, I haven't figured out to anker yet. For some reason it never worked for me. Even in shallow water.

2 hours ago, Hackjob said:

1 hour ago, rowdy said:

Thanks though, a bit hard to dock a ship, when all islands are claimed. Wish they would make it so it wouldn't detoriate so fast or if you are near the boat sleeping or something like that. It's hard to be a drifter.

Okay, I haven't figured out to anker yet. For some reason it never worked for me. Even in shallow water.

Has to be in claimed territory. Serious think about contesting someones flag where they have abused it I'm sure there's alot out there