Sign in to follow this  
Nasibihc

Lawless islands? The basics after rafting away?

Now where in the WORLD can I actually claim an area and start to build my base in? This island system is BEYOND confusing. Can someone tell me the basics of what to do after you get off on your raft?

Depends what you want to do really. Do you want to setup a base ?do you want to make a bigger ship? 

Go claim a spot build a hut so you can protect and store your goods. Level up build a bigger boat, explore, sandboxes are more open ended end game. Only 1 quest in game so far and at the end it's to kill a kraken so you might need good gear and friends a good ship to do it.

Just now, Hackjob said:

Depends what you want to do really. Do you want to setup a base ?do you want to make a bigger ship? 

Go claim a spot build a hut so you can protect and store your goods. Level up build a bigger boat, explore, sandboxes are more open ended end game. Only 1 quest in game so far and at the end it's to kill a kraken so you might need good gear and friends a good ship to do it.

I want to setup a base on some random island and do exactly what you said, but the game keeps telling me "You can't build here because this island is lawless" and every island I've gone off to has said the same. Feels like there are NO islands you can even claim/build in. The only problem with Lawless islands is that you can't deploy a bed to spawn in to, which is something I don't understand at all. Where can I build a base, a bed, and start building bigger ships?

Build first bed on your raft. There shouldn't be to many tiles outside of Freeport tiles you can't build in not sure what happening there. You have to claim an area to build your house. Use F1 skill and place flag on unclaimed territory . The claiming process take 10 min. If the island is full you can try and find another one. Some people have abused the claiming flags and littered and island with claims for like 1 person. You can contest these areas by just placing your flag down close to there's . Contesting a flag takes 1hr 30min and you must be in the vicinity the whole time.

Check out the map on playatlas site to see where the big group of claims are so you know to avoid those island and check somewhere else

Edited by Hackjob

Hello, I have a doubt and gone to an island and I miss my house and when I put the bed it says that it is not closed but I can not put the flag in any place on the island that I can do because it does not let me respawn in bed

6 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Build first bed on your raft. There shouldn't be to many tiles outside of Freeport tiles you can't build in not sure what happening there. You have to claim an area to build your house. Use F1 skill and place flag on unclaimed territory . The claiming process take 10 min. If the island is full you can try and find another one. Some people have abused the claiming flags and littered and island with claims for like 1 person. You can contest these areas by just placing your flag down close to there's . Contesting a flag takes 1hr 30min and you must be in the vicinity the whole time.

Check out the map on playatlas site to see where the big group of claims are so you know to avoid those island and check somewhere else

The problem is that I can't find an island that I can claim when every island I try says its Lawless? How do I know is the island is lawless or not while looking at the map?

Where are you looking that says lawless? Is this happening when you out down your claim flag??.   Should be able to claim on islands outside of freeports

I am on an island without law and I can not put the flag and then I can not respawn in bed. How can I put the flang?

Edited by ElMenda94

25 minutes ago, ElMenda94 said:

I am on an island without law and I can not put the flag and then I can not respawn in bed. How can I put the flang?

Yeah same happening to me. For example the islands at the very bottom of the map area H15, and all the 15 zones are unclaimable. The islands are WAY too full of crocodiles and other shit, even with a crew of 5 it's near impossible to land some places.

Lawless means unclaimable. It's a free for all and gets littered with buildings and shipyards. Other islands are fully claimed and fucked. 

You have to sail to another grid, if you are in a Lawless grid, then all islands within that grid are lawless, and you cannot build.  You need to sail to another grid that is not a Freeport, or Lawless, area.  When you sail into a new grid it will tell you on your screen the grid number, and if it is lawless it will say that as well.  You will have to sail a ways to get out of the grid, the map us huge.  It takes a little under 1hr of real time to cross a grid on a raft, with decent wind.  So make sure you have a bed on your raft to respawn when you die while sailing...because you will die.  And best to stop the raft before you die to ensure you spawn back on your raft and not just behind it in the ocean.