Sign in to follow this  
classytravis271

Rapid ship decay

Please fix the ship decay it’s seriously way to rapid I just made a schooner like an hour ago haven’t done much of anything not in Freeport and it’s already down 1500-2000 hp. We spend a ton of time just to even find land to maybe build a ship then we build it and can’t even play due to worry of the ship breaking down all the time with a lot of resources to repair a 28 panel schooner.  Everyone works and everyone can’t possibly always spend time fixing there boats or even wants to do that I want to explore the whole map with the ship I have built. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. Please fix. I want to get a company together to man this thing but I fear I don’t even have time to sail to Freeport to collect a crew with such rapid decay. Please help the community understand why it’s so fast or make a minor tweak to the decay system please. 

• Like 1

Yea i just lost my sloop..  ...coudnt gather enough resources fast enough and repair it all..

it was fine i fixed the 1 leak and was repairing .. and missed the fiber to repair the last few panels and while was going back it sprung a leak and i went to patch it and it sunk.. all the water had been out of the sloop from the first 2 leak.. at least thats what it had shown me.. i went down in and didnt have to swim... 

all that work done yesterday gone (solo player)

>.<

Seconding this....

between 9pm - 7am, raft lost almost 8000 pts,
  7:30-am to noon - approx 2500 pts

updated:    noonish to 2:35 pm  lost just over 2000 pts,

so an approximate 1k decay per hour, anchored in a harbor?

It would be helpful if we could get a detailed description of the decay mechanics.  We lost a schooner last night that was anchored right off shore from us, and another one of ours that was freshly built (< 2 hours old) had over 60% damage to the planks.  This is in regular claimed territory.  Meanwhile we have other ships on our claim from other companies that haven't been touched in a week that are still standing and in perfect condition.