Nokim

Classes and grouping

I think part of the lack of immersion and  the lack real groups is the lack of need for it. You have already thrown in more bosses and pve content than ark has. Might as well go the next step and make this a real "group" game.

We need a reason to group rather than solo sail. a reason to do more fun ground combat not only vs other players but against ground bosses like hydras etc without the need for lame tacticts like luring to shore to a barrage of ballistics etc. We do it because we have no choice. we pvp in lame ways because we have no choice.

here is what i suggest  make it more rpg ish enable Classes and  formation of groups of up to 6, with raids containing many more groups.

Introduce classes:

captain       (tank-high hp/armor rating bonus)             +gold from shipwrecks/sods/treasure maps

when aboard ship.

-high melee damage, capable of using all weapons.

Quatermaster  (Melee dps/secondary tank)        +stops cost of gold to npc crew while aboard

-high melee damage, capable of using all weapons.

capenter      (ranged dps-bows)  +ships repair speed50%/reduced repair cost 50%

-higher bow damage, capable of using all weapons.

cook          (buffer/debuffer hot heals)  +stops depletion of vitamin/food while aboard for all crew

-lower melee damage, capable of using all weapons.

surgeon       (healer-big insta heals)           +blocks effects of climate for crew while aboard(heat/cold)

-lower melee damage, capable of using all weapons.

gunner        (range dps-guns)        +ship canon range/damage

-higher guns damage, capable of using all weapons.

navigator     (Melee Dps)        +ship sight/speed

-higher melee damage, capable of using all weapons.

I believe this would make pvp way more fun, less dependent on guns/tames and more on armor/melee weapons which are currently never used. not to mention a reason to actually have a group on your  ship.

clearly some classes will need class specific spells, but we already have fantasy monsters so why not a few spells.

At the very least I believe something like this would make for one hell of a mod.