Sign in to follow this  
BoOoM

server code *scratching my head*

so first, your game concept is nice.

BUT ...

who the hell came up with this shit ... i mean seriously. an open world mmo with 40k+ players .... just say that its ACTUALLY just 100 players give or take in a dynamic lobby system.
this player cap / server is a really horrible way to approach what you were trying to achieve. you could have at least been pretending to do something like DualUniverse . but no . a handshake lobby system is all you came up with . 

so one way to really RULE a grid is to just have more people in your company than slots on a server. GOOD JOB.

the more i learn about WC , you seem to be a bunch of talented map/level designers.... thats nice and all ... but with the dollars you make , invest in someone who can write you better server code. cuz this is utter nonsense and - in fact - false advertisement.

• Like 1

I do agree on the handshake issue right now. It does need to be revamped. Having region servers independent on storing character information is not working well at all. A different system needs to be added asap. Its causing massive desync, and also net congestion issues. Not only that your character is stuck on a downed server. That i agree on, but false advertisement is a far cry for me.

23 minutes ago, BoOoM said:

so one way to really RULE a grid is to just have more people in your company than slots on a server. GOOD JOB.

lol, true.

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

I do agree on the handshake issue right now. It does need to be revamped. Having region servers independent on storing character information is not working well at all. A different system needs to be added asap. Its causing massive desync, and also net congestion issues. Not only that your character is stuck on a downed server. That i agree on, but false advertisement is a far cry for me.

why is that . advertising in BIG BOLD LETTERS  40000 People SIMOUTANEOUSJKLSly but you can actually only play with 150 people max around you ... thats bullshit advertisment. thats not 40k in one world ... only on paper with 2 blind eyes. the reality ! my friend is we have a clusterfuck of servers with 150 slots each.  

what if my community would be 400 people in size. i would expect that we all could build our pirate town together in a world for 40k+ players or not ?

7 hours ago, BoOoM said:

why is that . advertising in BIG BOLD LETTERS  40000 People SIMOUTANEOUSJKLSly but you can actually only play with 150 people max around you ... thats bullshit advertisment. thats not 40k in one world ... only on paper with 2 blind eyes. the reality ! my friend is we have a clusterfuck of servers with 150 slots each.  

what if my community would be 400 people in size. i would expect that we all could build our pirate town together in a world for 40k+ players or not ?

Yup the limits of 150 is a tad low. i can see 2000+ per zone but the math is wrong right now 10500 is all the servers basically can hold. which equals 40000k+ across all 4 servers not 1 server so where this all goes i have no idea. They have to fix this and make the servers correct, otherwise it becomes false advertisement, like you suggested. We know from the best dev teams in the world its impossible to have 40k all in one area of the zone.. we are not there yet.  They have to uphold what they posted, ARK devs too. Its EA lets see what happens.

Putting the wiki post in ahead so you see.

From the creators of ARK: Survival Evolved comes ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure. ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same Globe simultaneously, with an unprecedented scale of cooperation and conflict! Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada.

7 hours ago, BoOoM said:

This is why i said there is no false advertisements as of yet. I am not totally convinced of this. Its EA so i believe they will balance out the issues at hand. How much of a problem this will be having a cap of 150 players in one area, then booting out the rest. They should have limited the company size to 24 players. But allow for alliances. To have more then 2000 in one area is going to be taxing so the Devs have a lot of work on their hands if they expect 40000 to play on 70 servers. They need 280 basically to uphold 40k... math doesn't lie under the 150 cap they use.