Sign in to follow this  
Savetti

Food expiring while offline

Yesterday i had a chest full of food that i had been stocking up on for my adventure today. I logged off the game thinking i was fully stocked up and ready to actually get to play the game today. When i logged on this morning to start my adventure, every single piece of food i had was gone... all that work i did was for nothing.

My suggestion, if you're going to keep this ridiculous survival system in the game, is to at least stop the expire timer while you're logged off. The expire timer is already too much too quick, but having it active while you're not online is just nuts in my opinion.

I do not have the time to invest in this game like some other Pathfinders may have. Im quickly approaching not being able to "play" this game any further. 😞

Thanks for listening, all!

The game is classed as an MMO so time passes in the world around you when you're offline , I'm sure if they haven't already implemented something to make your food last longer then they will probably make something that does in the future

Edited by stardust88

3 minutes ago, stardust88 said:

The game is classed as an MMO so time passes in the world around you when you're offline

Indeed it is classed as an MMO and time passes around you, but food in MMOs dont expire like this. If i have food one day, it's still there the next day. 

I understand that this is a "Survival MMO", but the timer is still way too much for me. Even survival games dont have food timers like this

Just needed to get my 2 cents out there. If others dont feel this way, that's totally fine. I just cant hang with it personally, and i have played a ton of survival games and a ton of MMOs. This one has taken it too far for me to enjoy it.

Hopefully they do add some way to keep your food fresh, but even then, it will still be a pain just to get to that point.

This is why when you level up you unlock items which preserves your food and make them last longer.

Edited by Captain Kuro

4 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

This is why when you level up you unlock items which preserves your food and make them last longer.

Yea, i figured that much, but to even get to that point...how? Lol

I dont have the time like that to invest in the game. I guess it's just not for me perhaps.

Just now, Savetti said:

Yea, i figured that much, but to even get to that point...how? Lol

I dont have the time like that to invest in the game. I guess it's just not for me perhaps.

Im only level 9 (I think, im not in game right now) and I have unlocked it. Its on the first tree of the Captaineering skill I think. 

1 minute ago, Captain Kuro said:

Im only level 9 (I think, im not in game right now) and I have unlocked it. Its on the first tree of the Captaineering skill I think. 

Oh, that doesnt sound too bad. 

I am also lvl 9, but i have my points all locked up in survival and a bit in building, so that i can have chests to store stuff. I would need more levels to get the points to unlock that tree to be able to invest points into it. Of course, even then i suppose it only reduces the timer by a small percentage? Would prolly still expire by the next IRL day? On top of that, i would then have less points to invest into actual pirate stuff. Just seems like way too much hassle for not much return, but im speculating of course, since i do not have that unlocked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Savetti said:

Oh, that doesnt sound too bad. 

I am also lvl 9, but i have my points all locked up in survival and a bit in building, so that i can have chests to store stuff. I would need more levels to get the points to unlock that tree to be able to invest points into it. Of course, even then i suppose it only reduces the timer by a small percentage? Would prolly still expire by the next IRL day? On top of that, i would then have less points to invest into actual pirate stuff. Just seems like way too much hassle for not much return, but im speculating of course, since i do not have that unlocked.

It puts the spoil times up to about 40 minutes or so I think. And thats per single item. So if you had 100 berries for examples, it would take the whole stack 4,000 hours, about 2.5 days, losing 1 every 40 minutes, to all decay. I cant remember off the top of my head if its different per different type of food, or if its all about 40 minutes. 

Again, I cant fully remember as im not in game, but I think you only need 2 skill points to get to it, possibly 4.

Edited by Captain Kuro

1 minute ago, Captain Kuro said:

It puts the spoil times up to about 40 minutes or so I think. And thats per single item. So if you had 100 berries for examples, it would take the whole stack 4,000 hours, about 2.5 days, losing 1 every 40 minutes, to all decay. I cant remember off the top of my head if its different per different type of food, or if its all about 40 minutes. 

Again, I cant fully remember as im not in game, but I think you only need 2 skill points to get to it, possibly 4.

Thats pretty decent, i will definitely check this out. Much appreciated!

5 minutes ago, Savetti said:

Thats pretty decent, i will definitely check this out. Much appreciated!

Just had to look because it was bugging me. You need a few more than that. You will need to learn:

The Basics > Construction > Basics of building > Weaving > Secrets of building > Seamanship > Navigators tools > Captaineering > Basics of Crew.

Sounds like you have at least got to Secrets of building though? So only 4 to go anyway 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Kuro said:

Just had to look because it was bugging me. You need a few more than that. You will need to learn:

The Basics > Construction > Basics of building > Weaving > Secrets of building > Seamanship > Navigators tools > Captaineering > Basics of Crew.

Sounds like you have at least got to Secrets of building though? So only 4 to go anyway 🙂

Yuppers, I just need to find a way to level up a couple more times, lol. Time to explore some claimed territories and get killed by... ...............you know......everything in sight

Lmao 

Thanks, man!

On 12/26/2018 at 3:42 AM, Captain Kuro said:

To learn the preserving bag you need The Basics - Water Keeper - Cooking Unlock

Then under Cooking & farming you need Water Storage - Basic Farming - Preservatives