Sign in to follow this  
Kummba

An approach to the PVE land system

With the news of resuse of the PVP claim system for PVE, which i heavyly disagree with (alliance gone for this--- sure), i try approach an implementable land system.

Here a list of what I THINK should be the criteria:

What it should do:

*heavyly increase effort to grief (spam entities), preventing is a dream

*make isand available for everyone (no, MMO does not mean u have to play in big companies)

*improve server performance for everyone (make big buildings costy)

*no taxes

*make sure that buildings, if they can be build, are not demolishable form the start

*have a mechanism to save smal buildings for a span of 3 weeks as of patch 20.1 (not any size of tho)

What it not have to do:

*prevent resource block or protection of resources (this can be done by player interaction)

*reserve big future fortification space (this can be planned in advance)

*promote PVP mentality in PVE (you just dont dominate in PVE, go PVP or quit)

*force a playstyle to other people (ok every system does tbh)

What I like to be implemented in the next update (wipe):

I dont think the devs can come up with another system (time and resource constrains) for PVE then the lawless model from blog22 or a PVP-loan like from blog 23. So with what we can work with , my dream system is lawless with Rust like upkeep.

*no landlords / claims at all

*building prevention from buildings are larger then current lawless, but smaller then current other islands.

*everyone can build everywhere (except near other foundations)

*automatically upkeep from auto-repair structure

*no auto-repair structure attached to a structure (not a radius) means it  decays really fast (like 4-8h, repairable per pinwheel, hammer tho)

*the more connected building parts the higher the upkeep per part (whole building cost/h increase exponentially with building size)

*only two (maybe even one) auto-repair structure per company per island.

*upkeep same for each tier of building (u may not be skilled in stone building, but u can farm every resource)

*upkeep for gates really high

For supporter of the blog 23 system, what do you think it achieve, make better then blog 22?

~~~ Kummba