Sign in to follow this  
Nhaga

A bunch of questions about various aspects of the game

Hey, I have a bunch of questions about the game for which I would like to find answers before I try to figure out if this game could match my tastes or not.

I realise that it might be too early to answers some of my questions but I've never heard of this game before a couple days ago so I don't know if maybe the devs have shared their plans for its future.

I also might want to specify that I've never player Ark, but I know that some of the game mechanics were taken from it so if you want to make an educated guess on how something might work based on Ark, that could be helpful.

1 - Other than building placements, what are the claimed places used for ? What can / can't a player do in his / other people's claimed places ? Aslo, are they permanent ?

2 - What happens to your ship when you log off ?

3 - Is there a concept of economy / trading / smuggling with NPCs ? (Buying goods from a port and travel the seas to make profit by selling the goods in another port)

4 - From what I've seen via livestreams, the only "in-between" ennemies (by that I mean ennemies that are not wildlife or big "world bosses" that were teased in the trailer) were very basic and quite lame looking pirate ships that did not have any crew members and were not modeled / textured for any other interaction than shooting at it. Is it the kind of NPC ennemies that we should expect ? Will there never be any PVE boarding action ?

5 - Assuming that someone would not be into base building, is it viable to "live" off your boat ? Is there something you can't do without a base ?

6 - Currently, the game outside of the starting ports seems a little bit empty. Is it due to its early access state, or is the game going to be designed as a sandbox that expect the players to make it worth exploring ?

7 - Apparently, the description of one of the stats (intelligence) mentions "magical skills". Do we know the nature of these skills yet ? Are we supposed to expect players to change wind direction to their will and shoot fireballs ?

In advance, thanks for your help !

1: no idea

2: ships stays in where it is and you stay sleeping on it

3: not that i know off

4: we probably get more - remember this is EA

5: Yes - if nobody finds it while you are logged out ( see questions 2 )

6: content to come

7: good for crafting - not encountered magic yet 😞

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DeadNightGenesis said:

1: no idea

2: ships stays in where it is and you stay sleeping on it

3: not that i know off

4: we probably get more - remember this is EA

5: Yes - if nobody finds it while you are logged out ( see questions 2 )

6: content to come

7: good for crafting - not encountered magic yet 😞

Thanks for the answers, I'm really having a hard time making my mind up about this game so even partial answers help.

Assuming that you have tested or know how it works on the PVE server too, could you add a little bit more details for answers #2 and #5, can someone take your ship or stored materials on it while logged off ?

I've just rewatched the trailer and a lot of the planned content seems to be pve oriented which I'm fine with; I also saw that people could find maps to hunt treasures on islands, do we know yet what money will / could be used for ?

Thanks again ! 🙂

1 hour ago, Nhaga said:

Thanks for the answers, I'm really having a hard time making my mind up about this game so even partial answers help.

Assuming that you have tested or know how it works on the PVE server too, could you add a little bit more details for answers #2 and #5, can someone take your ship or stored materials on it while logged off ?

I've just rewatched the trailer and a lot of the planned content seems to be pve oriented which I'm fine with; I also saw that people could find maps to hunt treasures on islands, do we know yet what money will / could be used for ?

Thanks again ! 🙂

I only speak PVP and yes - everything is lootable and destroyable. Sadly dont know about PVE servers. 

You can hire AI crew for money 🙂

Edited by DeadNightGenesis