Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

A public relations suggestion to the devs

Abandon the use of specific dates.

It has not done you much good in the past. Let us be frank, your track record of meeting them dating back to Ark could charitably be described as poor. In all fairness, there are legitimate reasons that dates get missed. Developing and coding a game is a messy and imprecise process. So don’t try to give precise dates. We don’t actually need them.

We’re not talking about weddings or graduations or surprise birthday parties. No one needs to build their lives or calendars around when changes to Atlas or any other game occurs. When you announce a date and make it, nothing happens except what was expected. When you announce a date and miss it there is anger and resentment and damage to your credibility.

This year I will have been playing online games for 15 years. By a pretty wide margin the most respected and even beloved development team of any game I have played was City of Heroes. When NCSoft announced it’s shutdown, the developers offices were flooded with cakes, cards, flowers, gifts not only of sympathy and support, but thanks for providing years of gaming joy. Let me humbly suggest you consider adopting the use of the only indicator this highly regarded  development team ever felt the need to give its players of when to expect new content:

Soon™️