iamisobe

NPCs SHOULD NOT DIE ON SAILS/FIX REPLACING SAILS

If you guys intend to push the game towards sea battle, allowing someone to lose a ship because their NPCs were killed almost instantaneously by a ramshackle flame sloop is beyond me. Maybe it is just me, but after losing a mythical brig I spent a very long time on to make to a ship that can be made in 10 minutes is astounding. The fact flames can kill NPCs off your sails and leave you a sitting duck no matter how well prepared you mighta been is a detriment to sea battles. 

Also, the fact you cant replace sails properly mid combat needs to be fixed. Not only was I left a sitting duck due to the flame sloop, I couldnt even replace my sails even tho I had 5 EXTRA ones with me. 

In reality, no matter how well prepared you are, or how skilled, the current mechanics/game design negates all of it. I worked since release to make that ship, had 45 extra fine planks, 5 sails, steering wheel. I had a brig within a brig and it meant literally nothing due to design. I hope this reaches someones ideas and they see how silly this is