Sign in to follow this  
Weechee

Decision on removal of claim flags/reset/etc

Dear #grapeshot The decision of removing claim flags is a VERY irresponsible idea... First of all consider this. Claim flags allow the preservation of MUCH of the resources on many islands. SO MANY idiot players spam foundations  stupidly around  the land killing off resources off all sorts not allowing spawning of such things as rare metals, not to mention trees, animals, and many other resources that are needed. Others just do it because they want privacy. The claim flags alowed the privacy of settings to build or non. But some of us also allowed areas for new people to build. where they could flourish. Now there is no other way but to destroy any and all resources and retain any privacy but to have a endless see of  pillars and foundations so there will BE no damned resources thanks to your idiotic idea... Thankyou for not considering that!

Also consider this.... Many of us were with you since the start... you are destroying MONTHS and MONTHS of work, art of beautifuly crafted work and MANY MANY of these people are NOW extremely angry that they are  We all worked hard to get to where we are building our small part of the world, taking in new people to build our company and you are FORCING ALL OF US to start where we do not want to be... End of the game for me!

3 hours ago, Weechee said:

Dear #grapeshot The decision of removing claim flags is a VERY irresponsible idea... First of all consider this. Claim flags allow the preservation of MUCH of the resources on many islands. SO MANY idiot players spam foundations  stupidly around  the land killing off resources off all sorts not allowing spawning of such things as rare metals, not to mention trees, animals, and many other resources that are needed. Others just do it because they want privacy. The claim flags alowed the privacy of settings to build or non. But some of us also allowed areas for new people to build. where they could flourish. Now there is no other way but to destroy any and all resources and retain any privacy but to have a endless see of  pillars and foundations so there will BE no damned resources thanks to your idiotic idea... Thankyou for not considering that!

Also consider this.... Many of us were with you since the start... you are destroying MONTHS and MONTHS of work, art of beautifuly crafted work and MANY MANY of these people are NOW extremely angry that they are  We all worked hard to get to where we are building our small part of the world, taking in new people to build our company and you are FORCING ALL OF US to start where we do not want to be... End of the game for me!

Have you ever played Rust? It uses a box that you place resources in that equal a small percentage of your base. The box gives you a radius that enables you to build within that said radius and you can not build outside this radius you also can not overlap your neighbors and the same for them too.  You can pay what every new box, pole, garbage can, or, hungry beaver item that they make do this job. You can also over stuff this item so you have enough resources to leave for a good amount of time.  Pretty sure this will end the major problems you are mainly talking about, my friend and I have seen it first hand. Walled off mostly a whole island with foundations and the rest of the island had foundations placed every so many feet to prevent anyone from building it was crazy. We couldn't do a treasure map.

To address the "months and months of work" the game is sorry to say this but not an alpha or beta it's an Early Access Game and the most complete I have seen I mostly pass over 'EAG's because I don't trust them. Most EAG's I have seen are just videos of fake gameplay or no gameplay at all. It truly helps to give constructive criticism in a polite manner this gives them informed ideas on how to proceed.  I do recall Ark had a lot of wipes, in the beginning, I personally did not care for Ark and got my money back in those days it was one of those games I decided not to every buy EAG's. My friends always say when buying EAG's is, "they may change it at will so don't get too used to it".