Sign in to follow this  
José Gaspar

What will survive the wipe.

While all the building, ships and PCs will be gone, there will be many things that survive the wipe, that if you want to take something with you focus on these.

1. Sail designs, flag and sign pain designs.  you can save your sail designs and they they will be ready for quick deploying when you get back.    There are also tools that let you convert them to PNG format and back to you can edit them in Photoshop, GIMP or some other editor.  These are on the client and will still be there afterwards
  2. Design your character and save it, so when the wipe comes, you just load it and your in game, no default or random character for you.
  3. Knowledge of what is where on each island style, the lawless islands are best for since all the resources spawn.    While the claimed version of the island  may be barren since the floors block the resources, the lawless may be loaded with nodes.

Make plans for where your going to restart,  you will be able to start any grid, pick one,  islands are going to be very hard to claim because there will be many people contesting, some will hide others will log in the start of the PvP will be like the start of Hunger Games, unless you end up on an island with no one else on it, expect the claim to take a VERY long time.    PvE  will have the opposite issue people spamming the areas with floors to stake out there area.   So have a plan.  

I think thats why they have a week beforehand of test server.  You can pick where you want to live and be ready to spawn there as soon as the server comes up.

As I have said in other posts, that foundation thing needs to be addressed somehow. On the pve server now i visit a tropical island because it has oil. Every shore, cliff, field, mountain, and even underwater is spammed with single foundations from just 2 companies. Its a huge island too.